We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
167 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

Can someone suggest a fun place on Oahu to have a thanksgiving dinner? Preferable somewhere near the beach? I would like to do something fun (semi-kid friendly) and it doesn't have to be a traditional thanksgiving dinner. My goal is to have a large plate of seafood instead of turkey. My wife wants to do Duke's but I thought that might be too touristy. Nothing too formal and $$ is not an issue.

Thanks for your input!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,186 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

From last year:

govisithawaii.com/2009/…

Sheila will update her site with this years list 2-3 weeks before Thanksgiving.

Also, on the Oahu forum, search: Thanksgiving Dinner

There are a lot of threads from previous years.

Or you can order a pre-cooked dinner from Zippy's or Safeway & take it to a beach.

Edited: 01 October 2010, 03:09
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,096 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

I would go to Orchids probably.

Auburn, WA
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

We are 4 adults and 3 children looking for turkey on thanksgiving. I see ?Royal Hawn is $88 per adult and $56 for children!! Too much unless there is great entertainment, which I doubt. So far I've seen the Orchid (where is that) recommended and the Oceanarium. Don't want chinese food. How about in Hawaii Kai or Kailua? Or downtown? Someone suggested the Hanohano room. Any other ideas?? We have a car, will spend alot for value. How about PCC, that sounds like fun?

Edited: 08 November 2010, 18:26
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,235 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

Where are you staying? What does your budget look like? I mean, you can really drop a wad at Thanksgiving dinner at the hotels ... but you are looking for a more local feel, yes?

Edited: 08 November 2010, 18:32
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,235 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

Malia ... The Royal Hawaiian would have great food, atmosphere AND entertainment ... but it is expensive. Orchids is at Halekulani (hotel) -- and I would go in a heart-beat, but I imagine that the cost is similar to the Royal Hawaiian.

The food at the PCC is not so good - even if they were open -- which I kinda doubt. And it's an hour from Waikiki, and generally a full day event.

Not sure that the Hanohano Room is open any more ....

Oceanarium would be fun with kids.

Kablam -- think about Hula Grill. Quieter than Dukes - excellent food.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
167 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

We are staying in Kailua and yes, more of a local feel than a hotel buffet.

thanks!

Auburn, WA
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

We're at the Sheraton...I'm taking my grandchildren for a special trip (plus their parents). Like I mentioned, I'll spend for value, esp. for the little ones (5,9,11). I used to live in HI, so driving not a problem. We're going to the Oceanarium for birthday dinner another nite....if the Royal Hawn has entertainment, then perhaps the $88 is OK. Just looking for options. Thanks for your help!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
57,096 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

Orchids is at the Halekulani, next door to the Sheraton. You also might consider 3660 On The Rise, I hear they do a nice buffet supper.

And for Kailua, I'd see if the Formaggio Grill is open on Thanksgiving.

Auburn, WA
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

Great suggestions everyone! Thanks so much!

10. Re: Thanksgiving Dinner on Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2011, 07:34