We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

Went to see this on Sunday and really enjoyed it. I've seen other Cirque shows that I liked better (Corteo) but it was still a good show. I went with a friend and got last minute tickets. We ended up sitting in Loug 6, seats 13 and 14. If anyone decides to go, I would suggest getting seats center stage at any level. Sitting in the side Loug meant we missed a lot of the action which was sad. During intermission we moved to the top row, center stage and got to enjoy everything for the second half.

I'm actually going back on Halloween to see it again (I already had a ticket when a friend asked me to go with) and I'm front row center so I'm pretty excited to see what I missed.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

It is a good show, we saw it here in Detroit. Not sure I would spend my "paradise" time going to a Cirque show though.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

There were quite a few tourists there and I was suprised but some people like to go to shows. :). I live here so I'm always looking for something to do that doesn't involve too much sun.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
7,173 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

Oh how I wish I was in Hawaii earlier to see the Cirque du Soleil show!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,467 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

MrsCombs....

I was wondering how the production values compare in a traveling venue relative to their custom-made Vegas theaters?

I have seen Cirque many, many times in Vegas and was going to take some local friends to Alegria to introduce them to the concept. But will I be disappointed and should I just keep pushing them to go to Vegas to see a show or two?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

I've never seen the Vegas shows so I can't compare. This is really a version of the real circus without animals. It's intense and very visual....but to me there was no story to follow, it was the circus from a darker prospective. I think they will enjoy it and have fun. Just make sure to chose your seats wisely.

Here's a clip from youtube:

www.youtube.com/watch…

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

I have been to a couple Vegas Cirque shows and several of the Cirque traveling shows. The Vegas shows theaters are a little better since they are built for them, however, they do a very nice job with the tent show or arena show. Other than some small things there really isn't a difference in the production.

Alegria is one of their older shows and is a very good show. We just saw OVO here in Boston at the end of July and it was excellent!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

The theme song is worse than It's a small world at Disney. I keep walking around singing Alegreeeeea, Allllllllaaaagreeeeeaaaa! Please make my brain be quiet. LOL.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

It will end in 6 months or so MrsCombs.

To be replaced by the Barney song no doubt.

9. Re: Cirque du Soleil - Alegria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2011, 05:17