We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Oahu

New York City
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Oahu

We will land in Ohau at 630am and will be leaving very early the next day. We are staying at the Halekulani. What are your suggestions as the best way to spend the day in Ohau?

We are interested in Pearl Harbor and seeing some of the island.

Thanks!

Sydney
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Oahu

You could hire a car & do Pearl Harbor and then drive up to the North Shore.

Mentioned in this post
North Shore
North Shore
1,017 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,240 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Oahu

If I was staying one day at the Halekulani I'd want to enjoy the pool in the afternoon, since you have to leave first thing the next morning. Pearl Harbor should not be missed. Rent a car and go directly to the PH Memorial as early as you can, to get tickets. I'd drive up to the north shore to check out a couple beaches, then come back to Waikiki.

Cocktail time at House Without a Key on the grounds (with Diamond Head in the background), and then dinner at Orchids. Perhaps a walk in the moonlight on the beach after dinner.

New York City
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Oahu

Can you suggest a car to hire?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Oahu

if you're not renting a car for the time in Oahu, I'd suggest taking a shuttle or taxi to Pearl Harbor. VIPTrans does van shuttles, or I'm sure the Concierge can arrange a shuttle. Do NOT take the bus, it takes too long.

Get an early start (it gets crowded) and take in some of the museums and/or ships at Pearl Harbor. I wouldn't bother with trying to visit the north shore. I'd head back to Waikiki and enjoy the beach and the hotel pool.

New York City
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in Oahu

Thanks. Where is the best place to view sunset?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in Oahu

Best place for sunset...how about House Without A Key (right at your hotel), with a tropical cocktail in hand and Hawaiian music and hula.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,094 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: One day in Oahu

"Can you suggest a car to hire?"

ACougar is from Australia.

For an Aussie, hire a car means to rent a car, which I also recommend.

Rent a car & go to USS Arizona. After that you can do one of three driving tours.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29222-c124540/Oahu:H…

You probably cannot check into your hotel until noon or so. But you can check your luggage at the hotel earlier.

USS Arizona Memorial is fairly safe with luggage in the trunk as is National Cemetery of the Pacific.

So I would do those before checking into your hotel.

After you check into your hotel (or just drop your luggage off) you'll know about how much time you have.

You can either take Driving Tour # 1 or #2.

I would take #1.

8. Re: One day in Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2011, 05:16