We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disposable water proof camera

Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Disposable water proof camera

Hi

I havent given myself enough time to purchase a disposable waterproof camera online so i will need to either purchase one here in australia or over in waikiki next week. Does anyone know how much the standard price for one of these cameras are in the tourist stores??

The AUS and USD are quite comparable right now and i dont want to get there and pay $30 for something thats only $15 here.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,694 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disposable water proof camera

Here on the mainland they are about $9....i don't think you will pay more than $15 in HI...stopat a walmart and I bet it will be close to $9-11. have a great time!

Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Disposable water proof camera

Fantastic! Thanks so much for your help!

xoxo

Jem

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,799 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disposable water proof camera

Jema - you may want to do a quick search of the forums, as I know your question has com eup frequently lately. Some good info.

Lisburn, United...
Level Contributor
612 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disposable water proof camera

Jema, I know you can buy them in ABC stores. Can't remember the cost, but they were very cheap.

The Food Pantry also has them for sale.

Have a great trip.

John.

Sask
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disposable water proof camera

The Fujifilm waterproof camera was a good price in Waikiki. It wasn't the easiest thing to use, however. If I was planning to take a lot of underwater shots, I would probably buy a point and shoot underwater camera; I believe Olympus has a few models, although I'm not sure of the picture quality.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,626 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disposable water proof camera

Hi Jemalin. When we did a snorkel tour with Blue Water Rafting in '07, they had disposable waterproof cameras for sale on board the boat. Just as well, as we arrived at the boat ramp unprepared (blame it on the previous night's maitais). They cost about $15ea. The same camera was for sale at Walmart (saw it later) for about $11, so their mark-up was reasonable.

The camera? Easy to use, but the quality of the photos was pretty poor, although it was better than nothing at all. When we returned this year, the wife had bought us a couple of masks with built-in digital camera. Still shots & video. The quality was exceptional and we saw a roadside billboard showing them for rent at one of the dive shops on Maui. We'd bought them online from Deals Direct, but also had to buy the micro SD card & batteries. Really easy to use, but looks a bit goofy with a 3rd eye in your forehead. You get heaps of fish photos, because they're too busy laughing at you to swim off :-)

Have a great vacation and let us know how you went !

7. Re: Disposable water proof camera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 05:17