We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Pearl harbour and aloha swapmeet open on boxing Day

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
30 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Are Pearl harbour and aloha swapmeet open on boxing Day

Hoping to do both on 26th Dec

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,685 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Pearl harbour and aloha swapmeet open on boxing Day

I would expect that Pearl Harbor is -- as we don't celebrate Boxing Day here. The Arizona Memorial Web site indicates that it is open every day of the year except Christmas and New Years. The Swap Meet site doesn't say anything about being closed.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,332 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Pearl harbour and aloha swapmeet open on boxing Day

I'm guessing that Swap Meet will be closed the entire Christmas weekend.

They are open the entire week before Christmas.

In past years, there was no admission during that week.

"Expanded Holiday Shopping Hours

The Aloha Stadium Swap Meet & Marketplace will be open daily from 8am - 3pm starting Friday, December 17 - Thursday, December 23."

alohastadiumswapmeet.net/Contents/Specials.a…

Edited: 08 December 2010, 16:04
Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Pearl harbour and aloha swapmeet open on boxing Day

Your question made me smile -

Christmas 2005 we traveled from Oahu where we lived to OZ. We arrived 12/26 and were shocked to find things closed. We had never heard of Boxing day, So...... being that I had lived my entire life in the US and was living on Oahu and never heard of anything being closed that day for that reason, I think you are pretty safe.

Here's a link to the Swap Meet's what's happening page. I don't see mention of any closures except for a football game 12/4. (this tells me that they do announce closures)

alohastadiumswapmeet.net/Contents/Specials.a…

4. Re: Are Pearl harbour and aloha swapmeet open on boxing Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 06:18