We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

Is there anybody here who could give us a sample activities itenerary for 7 days? We are a famly of four and wishing to have a memorable experience in Oahu.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

There are plenty of things to do but if you do some research and then come back with specific questions people will be glad to help.

There is a "things to do" section here on TA and "top questions..." on the right of the forum page to get you started.

Also, knowing your families interests would help as well

Edited: 30 December 2010, 17:11
laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

My best picks

Surfing lessons, outrigger canoe ride, catamaran snorkle sail, climb diamondhead. horse ride at turtle bay, do the cirlc island drive and eat at Dukes. If your kids are not too old do the pineapple maze at the Dole Factory

alohabeachservices.com

leahi.com

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,496 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

Lots of info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

Driving Tours, Maps, North Shore, Websites & more:

tripadvisor.com/AllReviews-g29222-Oahu_Hawai…

You can click on the Things to Do on the left side of the page. But be careful with the list. The ones listed at the top are only there because they solicit reviews. They ask customers if they liked the attraction. If the answer is yes, the customer is given info how to place a review on sites like TripAdvisor. If the answer is no or just OK, they are not given the info.

You can tell that the reviews are solicited because of the low number of contributions from the person making the review. Usually just one or two contributions.

The top 15 or so from the list of Things to Do are at best middle of the road attractions.

Stick with things recommended on the forum rather than the Things to Do or you'll be stuck with expensive surf & diving tours, segway tours & expensive food tours.

The real top things to do are Pearl Harbor museums, National Cemetery of the Pacific, climb Diamond Head, Kailua & Lanikai & Waimanalo & Waimea beaches, hiking to Makapuu Lighthouse, Hanauma Bay, North Shore, Byodo-In Temple, Bishop Museum, Polynesian Cultural Center, Manoa Falls

Free Oahu planner:

1-800-GOHAWAII

or

www.gohawaii.com

Edited: 30 December 2010, 17:30
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,336 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

You can click on the Things to Do on the left side of the page. But be careful with the list. The ones listed at the top are only there because they solicit reviews. They ask customers if they liked the attraction. If the answer is yes, the customer is given info how to place a review on sites like TripAdvisor. If the answer is no or just OK, they are not given the info.

This is pure speculation. According to TripAdvisor's guidelines, it is perfectly fine for any establishment to solicit reviews. They even give owners tools to make that happen.

What I suggest is find something you want to do and then come back to the forums and ask for feedback. Then you will know for sure what is and is not "worth it".

I could give you all kinds of things to do, but that would be what I want to do, which could be completely different than what you want to do!!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,496 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

"This is pure speculation. According to TripAdvisor's guidelines, it is perfectly fine for any establishment to solicit reviews. They even give owners tools to make that happen."

It is legal to solicit reviews.

It is not legal for them to only give info how to place reviews to only those who say they liked the attraction/hotel or tour.

By doing this they are manipulating their business to appear better than it is. And that is not OK with TripAdvisor.

Edited: 30 December 2010, 18:07
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,496 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

Thread about fake & solicited reviews:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k2300549…

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

We are planning to buy the Go oahu card, Is it worth it? Have you tried using one? Our hotel's concierge suggest to buy a 4 days bus pass...they said it can bring us everywhere...and very economical. I am just worried about carry-on's and the traffic.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

CHecked your website...very ineteresting and so much...I think we'll do this one...plus your location is just walking distance from our hotel...excellent. Thank you.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

We purchased the 3-day Go Oahu cards for our first visit to Honolulu last week. We got the cards at Costco (ordered them in October). I believe the Go Oahu card is valuable for first-time visitors who want to do the things the card offers. Taking advantage of several of the activities on the card doesn't leave much time for anything else. It was helpful for us (mom, daughter, and son-in-law). I would only get the card for a first visit, though.

We also had four-day bus passes. Not sure we used them enough to justify the expense, IMHO.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best iteneraries you can suggest for a 7days trip to Oahu

That's right...I think so too. The card is good for first timers like us. We will try to cover much things that the card has to offer....and that woul pretty much be the most famous activities/attractions. I don't think I will be having aproblem with my kids...they have lots of energies..to go around and they are very outgoing....it's sometimes hard to catch up on them. Yhanks for the tip.