We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What luau to go to in Oahu

springbrook, alberta
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What luau to go to in Oahu

We are going to Oahu in April and after reading numerous reviews I still can't decide on which luau to go to. Paradise Cove, Germaine's or Royal Hawaiian? Any suggestions

Edited: 21 January 2011, 20:11
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What luau to go to in Oahu

Polynesian Cultural Center has the best Polynesian entertainment in Hawaii.

Royal Hawaiian is good, but not worth the $$$.

Paradise Cove is better than Germaine's.

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What luau to go to in Oahu

Of the three listed, we enjoyed Paradise Cove the most.

PCC can be an all day cultural event if you have the time. Because PCC is run by the LDS Church, there is no wine, beer or alcoholic mixed drinks available, if that matters to you.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What luau to go to in Oahu

I have been to the PCC twice, once when I was young, and then again with my husband a few years ago to celebrate our 25th. We took a tour bus there and then opted to pay 15 dollars more for cousin Pato to show us around (a group of about 12 others with us). He made sure we got to all the shows on time so we didn't miss anything. Dinner was good and you had entertainment throughout as well. Notice I didn't say great, but we were satisfied, as well lets face it your in Hawaii, what could be better. At least that's how I feel about it, just hang loose. The evening show was really good, but you have to know before you go that it is a huge auditorium, and stage, so unless you are willing to pay a lot for your upgrade don't expect to sit close to the stage. You will see everything, but at a distance. All in all we had a great time. This last May my mother and I went to Paradise Cove, beautiful spot. A bit of a drive but the tour guide was entertaining, and we were there befofre you knew it. We upgraded our tickets and were greeted with a flower lei, and mai tai, and then a picture with and island boy :). Again a large crowd, but plenty of room to wander and participate in activities, I got a sea turtle tatoo on my ankle lol. There are a few booths set up for shopping, and canoe rides, javelin throwing, fishnet throwing, etc. We had front row seats, although it was really too close, I will choose the middle package next time, but it was nice to be served at our table, as my mother is 71. The drinks were good, and I think we were given three tickets. You could purchase more no problem. Yes things were a little overpriced, but that's to be expected from a place that relies on tourism to survive. I feel if you know before you go it isn't as bad. Again I really enjoyed this luau, and I think that is where we will go next year. I hope this helps, I think if more people adopt that attitude my mother brought me up with there would be less dissatisfied people in the world. "You have as much fun as you make" Aloha and have a wonderful time!

Menomonie, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
784 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What luau to go to in Oahu

I have been to Paradise Cove twice and some other luau's on other islands and I think Paradise Cove is the best. I think the food is decent, entertainment great, the before time before the luau is entertaining, and the location is beautiful! First time we did the top package, sat right next to the stage and it was nice but the second time we went for the middle package and sat a foot away from the table we sat at the first time. I would do the middle package again. My parents and a teacher colleague of mine both went to Germaines and both said it was okay but wouldn't go back.

Aloha, Oregon
Level Contributor
127 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What luau to go to in Oahu

We have been to most of the luaus in Oahu and found Paradise Cove to be the best.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What luau to go to in Oahu

Hale Koa Luau, cheapest and in waikiki. Show was very professional, no japanese tour busses, not 50 to a table.

7. Re: What luau to go to in Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2012, 06:16