We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EWR to HNL Airfare

Pottstown...
Level Contributor
70 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
EWR to HNL Airfare

Hi Everyone;

I have been watching airfare from EWR to HNL (specifically the non-stop flight on continential) since Jan. We are traveling the Sat before Thanksgiving, coming back the Monday after Thanksgiving. I was expecting airfare to be high, but it has been crazy! It was around $830, then jumped last week to $929 and this week to $1060. I am wondering if I should buy now or hold out and see if it drops again. I am thinking I should book now, before it gets any worse, but with 5 people even the smallest drop can make a difference. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EWR to HNL Airfare

Unfortunately you probably should have bought at the $830 mark. The airfares don't look like they are going to go down at all and you are traveling at the busiest time of year. It's a crap shoot. One way it might help you is to buy from Orbitz which I think has a price guarantee. You'll pay a few dollars than buying direct from Continental but I think if the price drops you can get a refund, but I'm not sure so you should call and check the particulars. Continental may also have a fare class that will allow you to rebook at the lower rate again, you'll have to call.

My crystal ball says that the prices won't fall but it's been known to be wrong more than right. Sorry.

East Coast
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EWR to HNL Airfare

The Orbitz guarantee is probably your best bet against price increases.

The fine print is that if someone finds your "exact trip only" at a lower price the hovercraft will show up with the difference.

In this case if it's just a round trip flight you are covered.

3. Re: EWR to HNL Airfare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 01:20