We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recomendations for best car rental company?

vancouver
Level Contributor
181 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Recomendations for best car rental company?

I will be on Oahu from May 12-20th and would like to rent a car. I have checked the forum for past info but much of it is from 2006-2008 so most likely outdated. I have a had TERRIBLE experience renting from Advantage inthe past and refuse to rent from them again. There is a good deal for a convertible with Thrifty for $252 for 8 days but Yelp reviews weren't great with that company. I usually rent from Alamo but their prices are quite a bit more expensive. Should I just go with Alamo even if they are more expensive? Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,539 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recomendations for best car rental company?

Aloha,

Have you checked the other major agencies?

Some people have had success with Costco, Priceline, or discounthawaiicarrental.com.

Occasionally, there are discount codes floating around for one rental agency or another.

Was your search for customer satisfaction or pricing? I think price is the more common topic.

Aloha

Japan
Level Contributor
244 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recomendations for best car rental company?

I use Dollar. I usually check the other majors, and I check the Rent-a-car websites that give you a choice. Yet I keep on coming back to Dollar because it either has the cheapest by far, or at worst, it has equal prices.

I'm only renting for 12 hours and got a great price, relatively speaking, from the Waikiki office. Hertz, Avis, etc. were double.

AZ
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recomendations for best car rental company?

I'll second discounthawaiicarrental.com. I got a SMOKIN deal on a mini-van for a week and a half.

4. Re: Recomendations for best car rental company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:16