We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Seats for Children?

Prince George
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Seats for Children?

We are coming to Ohau next March and plan on renting a car for a few days. Do car rental companies loan/rent out car seats or is it best to bring ours from home? Does anyone know what the added charge to rent one is? Thanks.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Seats for Children?

Most rental car companies rent them out. The price varies per company. Now as far as if it's best to use theirs or bring your own, it's really a matter of preference. Do you really want to lug a carseat with you when you travel? Does your child need one for the plane, in which case you'd have to bring it anyway? I know my wife refuses to use the ones from the rental car companies so we always bring out own. As she always states, do you really want to use a carseat that's been used by a million other kids and probably has never been cleaned? And how do you know it's an up to date carseat as far as safety standards?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
55,208 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Seats for Children?

Aloha,

See my earlier answer on your other thread here:

tripadvisor.com/…33793704

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Seats for Children?

I have traveled many times with my kids and I have always brought our own as I find the cost of renting them so expensive PLUS I know where they have been, not in an accident etc.

I had someone suggest severall years ago to purchase them once we arrive at the destination but I did not want to wait at the airport while Hubby ran to Walmart or similar to pick them up and then return to the airport to pick us up.

4. Re: Car Seats for Children?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 15:19