We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Haupia Pie?

US
Level Contributor
116 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Best Haupia Pie?

So we want to know where to get the best Haupia Pie? Will it be Ted's Bakery?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Haupia Pie?

I ate Haupia pie at Ted's Bakery and it was SO good. Now I don't have anything else to compare it to but you won't be disappointed with Ted's.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Haupia Pie?

Haupia CAKE at Halekulani on Waikiki. At "House Without a Key" and, I believe, their other restaurants as well. WOW!

Chicago
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Haupia Pie?

Uhhhh....Ted's Haupia is so good. Mouth watering just thinking about it.

Also Ted's had the best Carrot Cake I've ever had and

the Pumpkin Haupia Cream pie. YUMMY!

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Haupia Pie?

Ted's Bakery while touring the North Shore, if not in super markets locally.

Napolean's @ Zippy's is also good. The Coconut cake is excellent. Liliha Bakery is another.

BUT, Ted's is the most famous, I believe and "G-O-O-D !

My itinerary when when taking people around the island is to stop for lunch at Giovanni's Shrimp Truck, then, go to Ted's Bakery to purchase desert "TO GO" to take to sit along the sidewalk at Sunset Beach to eat, while watching the scenic view of the beach.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,468 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Haupia Pie?

Leonard's (the malasada folks), also make some pretty darn good cakes....

Including "white" and "chocolate" haupia cakes.

See:

http://www.leonardshawaii.com/cakes2.html

Their Chiffon Cakes are out of this world, and their Dobash and Chantilly cakes are legendary desert items locally (what you want to take to a party).

Pretty inexpensive, too.

Edited: 23 June 2011, 21:01
massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Haupia Pie?

OMG...I think I put on 20 pounds just looking at those pictures. You are such a trouble maker Amberloo. I won't be taking a bus anywhere that's for sure.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
227 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Haupia Pie?

wow, amberloo, thank you for the tip about leonards. the cakes in those photos look so delicious!! i can't wait for our trip. :)

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,036 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Haupia Pie?

OK - Amberloo will shoot me or worse (he pulls no punches) ... but Leonard's was the DIRTIEST bakery (food establishment for that matter) I have even seen. Just gross. And I thought the food items I purchased were mediocre at best. Not to mention the parking. But hey - it's one of those places that has its own buzz.

9. Re: Best Haupia Pie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 July 2011, 03:12
Chicago
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Haupia Pie?

We visited Leonard's 3x on our visit and never thought it was dirty. Maybe they had a bad week.

We always tried different things when we went and they were delish! Those sausage rolls = YUMMY!

Yep, parking is limited to say the least.