We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
51 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
car rental

hi all have just been looking at renting a jeep in Hawaii for a week and the best rate I could find was with Hawaii car rental for 389 per week. This is a huge difference to other rates I looked up. i have always been taught if it sounds to good to be true it is. Has anyone used this company and would it be safe to go with them or should I avoid them altogether? yes we would like to have a car in Hawaii as we want to have freedom to get around without restrictions.

palm springs
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car rental

Do you mean http://www.discounthawaiicarrental.com/? If so, I have used them many times, and they are very good. They contract with car rental companies at prices usually lower than many other sites. I have also had luck with carrentals.com, as well as priceline.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: car rental

And the car rental company is ....? Don't keep us in suspense!

You don't need a jeep, you know. They are popular touristy things, but you don't actually need one. And they have their down-sides as well.

Maryborough...
Level Contributor
51 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car rental

Thankyou tomtravel for actually answering the question I asked if anyone had used this company and would I be safe to go with them your advise has been helpful and appreciated. And BLBL ??????

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,778 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: car rental

gypsy

I also did not know what company you meant.

And I would never rent a jeep on Oahu because they are a) not needed on Oahu as you can't take them anywhere a car cannot go. b) easy to break into. c) the cost to rent them.

5. Re: car rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 17:18