We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel/resort in Oahu, on the beach

Kansas City...
1 post
Save Topic
Best hotel/resort in Oahu, on the beach

Husband and I are going to Hawaii for first time in September for our 18 year anniversary, flying into Honolulu staying in Waikiki area. Looking for real recommendations on best/nicest place to stay on the beach.

Should we stay in the Turtle Bay area or the JW area or down in the Waikiki area.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,826 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel/resort in Oahu, on the beach

As a first-timer visitor - with alot to see - I would most definitely stay on Waikiki.

There is no such thing as the "best" hotel. It depends on what you want - and what your nightly accomodations budget will allow. More information would be helpful.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel/resort in Oahu, on the beach

This is easy-the Halekulani, followed by the Royal Hawaiian-jr.suite, ocean view, Moana Surfrider, ocean view-Tower-in that order-oh, yes, they are all on Waikiki.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
52 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel/resort in Oahu, on the beach

This definitely depends on your budget. Have you considered a few days in Waikiki and then a few days on the North Shore at Turtle Bay?

My favorite stretch of beach in Waikiki is from the Royal Hawaiian to the Moana Surfrider. The Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach is in between them. To me, this is the has the best sand and surf.

You can definitely get to anywhere from staying in Waikiki. Will you have a car?

4. Re: Best hotel/resort in Oahu, on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 10:18