We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Hawaiian Village Ruined Our Wedding

Williamstown, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Hawaiian Village Ruined Our Wedding

We gave my wife's wedding dress to Hilton to steam, at their request, on the day before our wedding to be ready for our special day. Instead of steaming it, they washed in in the washing machine, ruining it.

They offered to get us a new dress and alter it to fit the same as the old. We located the same dress in CA and got someone we know to fly it to HI, for arrival at 6am on our wedding day. The seamstresses that Hilton provided who were promised to be "so good that they could stitch us a new dress from scratch" were not familiar with wedding dresses and destroyed the new dress as well leaving us with a terribly fitting and very painful to wear dress . Hilton agreed to compensate us for the dresses and fly us back to Hawaii to make up for the day they ruined and told us to enjoy the rest of our time on the Islands.

Upon returning home, they denied ever making these promises.

Do not stay at the property and patronize these people that have no

integrity and do not make good on promises they make.

Do not let them ruin your dream day as well.

I called Hiltons corporate offices and HHonors lines and they were not helpful at the time of the incident or in the time after. This is no way to run a business and we have been forced to take legal action against them demanding they make good on their promises.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Ruined Our Wedding

So sorry to hear about that. I realize that must have been devastating for your wife.

Unless you got their promises in writing, I doubt you have much legal recourse with regard to the free trip; although, you might have some luck with the dress issue. Make enough noise and you may get somewhere...squeaky wheel gets the grease

Edited: 23 August 2011, 16:12
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Ruined Our Wedding

As someone who was married in Hawaii, I can best empathize by saying any posting of mine, given similar circumstances, would have included a minimum of 20 expletive deletions.

SOooo, sorry & agree; if it's not in writing, you might as well ignore the promise.

P.S. Was going to suggest that you also file a HHV review, but see that you've already done so...will help if everyone gives yours a "Review Helpful" vote.

Oops, almost forgot: might want to consider a dispute of charge with your credit card company. If nothing else, we've found that it increases the chances of talking with someone authorized to compensate you.

Edited: 23 August 2011, 16:41
new jersey
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Ruined Our Wedding

I can't even imagine how upset you both must have been... we all want that special day to be ever so perfect!

I am a fan of the HHV and have always been treated fairly and with professionalism and courtesy. I hope that they make this right for you and your new wife!

The best of luck...

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,941 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Ruined Our Wedding

Seems to me two years ago you were a big fan of HHV and recommended them to others, but I don't see any reviews from your previous HHV stay that you seem to have so enjoyed.

It is a shame they did damage to the dress, but it seems they did a lot to try and make the damage they did right, but it didn't work out.

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,625 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Ruined Our Wedding

Sorry to hear about your problems.

I see you have posted the same message three times today....we get it. I would dearly love to hear the HHV side of the story, not that i don't believe you but just to be fair to them.

As others have said, if you didn't get the promise in writing you probably are not going to get far.

LA
Level Contributor
10,061 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Ruined Our Wedding

OP- You deal with your grievance with the hotel.

I don't believe the hotel and management are deaf to your complaints. Write a polite factual letter. Perhaps they have an entirely different account of what happened.

Posting this all over non-related travel posts about Honolulu dilutes the validity of your issue.

Please stop it and deal with the hotel.

Edited: 23 August 2011, 17:00
7. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Ruined Our Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 April 2012, 22:11
8. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Ruined Our Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 10:42