We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How early should I book PCC package for March?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
How early should I book PCC package for March?

We will likely book the Alii Luau package though the food looks the leastt appealing of the different dining options. I'm trying to figure out the most cost-effective 'good seat' Since I've just booked my tickets, hotel etc, I still don't have an itinerary for my trip. How soon do I need to book PCC to get good seats? It seems the entertainment book gives the best discount - so I am assuming I shouldn't wait to get to Oahu for a better discount.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How early should I book PCC package for March?

I booked our package a month in advance and got great seats for 4 of us together, however March is likely going to be a busy time. You can go online and look on their seating chart to see what seats are available for the different dates. Or, easier yet, just call them and ask what they recommend. The guy I spoke to was really helpful.

I don't think you can do much better than the Entertainment book, however I did hear something about getting it for free with a timeshare presentation (don't do it!!!). PCC takes pretty much the whole day and was a late night by the time we got back. I would plan for a late start the next day.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,665 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How early should I book PCC package for March?

To use the Entertainment Book coupon, you have to make phone reservations. You need to tell them you are using an EB coupon when you make the reservation.

Best to do it far in advance as the seats for Ha: Breath of Life are reserved. The sooner you make reservations, the better your seats will be for the package you want.

Edited: 22 November 2011, 18:44
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How early should I book PCC package for March?

Thanks - I will take a look at the on-line seating map and decide on a day with the best seats.

Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How early should I book PCC package for March?

I agree with calling as soon as you know what day you'll be going, ask for aisle seats, those are the best seats to sit in.

Vancouver, Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How early should I book PCC package for March?

I just used the Entertainment coupon at PCC last month. When I booked, I emailed PCC and they said that I could just book online and then bring the coupon to the ticket office to get a credit. I did bring a printout of the email just in case but I had no problem getting the credit for the coupon amount.

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How early should I book PCC package for March?

I know I am in the minority, but the PCC for the wifey and I was a complete disappointment. It depends what type of vacation experience you want I guess. It's not what I go to the islands for. If you are based in Honolulu you are using up a whole day to see this garbage. It's suited more for geriatrics and tour groups IMO. I would wait until I got to Oahu and decide on it then. If you don't mind a third rate, cheesy Disneyland environment then go for it....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How early should I book PCC package for March?

I have actually been to PCC before - so I'm somewhat aware of what it is about - albeit my last visit was over 20 years ago! I have two kids (boys 11 and 15) and I think they would prefer an interactive experience learning about Hawaiian culture. Fine with me if it is a bit 'Disney-fied' as I love Disney;) We will be there an entire week so I feel we have the time in our schedule. I also specifically chose Oahu over the other islands because of the diversity of cultural and natural attractions. We will likely also visit Iolani Palace and the Bishop Museum but my younger son will probably enjoy these less.

I do appreciate the feedback - always good to get all opinions as it does involve a large time and cash outlay.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
22,813 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How early should I book PCC package for March?

Aloha,

Im sure the PCC will be a great experience for you and the boys.

The Bishop Museum and Iolani Palace are historic and full of culture.

The Bishop Museum has a great volcano exihibition that the boys will like and so much more

http://www.bishopmuseum.org/

Have a great time ,

Aloha

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,665 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How early should I book PCC package for March?

"I know I am in the minority, but the PCC for the wifey and I was a complete disappointment. It depends what type of vacation experience you want I guess."

Perhaps if you had stayed for the luau & the evening show, you would have thought differently.

Staying 2-3 hours (one of which was IMAX) hardly gave you even sample of what is there.

The evening show alone is worth the admission.

10. Re: How early should I book PCC package for March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2012, 10:21