We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On airport car rental at HNL

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
On airport car rental at HNL

As far as the "on airport" car rental agencys go, do you still have to take a shuttle to get your car, or do you just walk to the car lot?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
22,466 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: On airport car rental at HNL

Take the shuttle

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,419 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: On airport car rental at HNL

Aloha,

It is possible to walk to some of them. But you have to know the in's and out's of the airport area.

I would take the shuttle, they will load your bags and not long of a wait.

That is what most people do.

Aloha

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: On airport car rental at HNL

Take the shuttle. Plenty of shuttles and pretty fast. If you want to save time, pay before or at kiosk.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
238 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: On airport car rental at HNL

Interesting! Thanks! Most places when it says "on airport" like Orlando for instance, means you pay at the counter at the airport, then walk out the door to your car - no shuttle. I will just book whatever is cheapest at HNL then, since I would have to take a shuttle either way.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,994 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: On airport car rental at HNL

They are "on airport", but depending on who you use and which airline you come in on it could be a long walk. The car rental for Hertz and Avis, the two I most commonly use are just outside baggage claim G & H, but coming on American I usually wind up at baggage claim D or E so I use the shuttle. If you are coming in on United, you could walk across the street to Avis and Hertz and maybe one or two others.

http://hawaii.gov/hnl/terminal-information

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: On airport car rental at HNL

If you come in and go to baggage claim H all you need to do is walk across the street and there you will find the 'on property' rentals.

If you travel with a lot of luggage then use the shuttle. If you travel light it is an easy walk.

I walk both arriving and departing. And, I often walk to and from Hawaiian air to 'on property' car rental companies, but I suggest a shuttle if you don't know the short cut.

7. Re: On airport car rental at HNL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2013, 10:19