We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

I saw something on TV....there was a great chinese restaurant....looked to be in Honolulu not far from waikiki.....they have a special that is lots of seafood in a baking dish....I think cheese in there too.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

Sorry don't know the place but couldn't help but note that cheese in a chinese dish is highly unusual. Perhaps a new type of fusion restaurant - Italian/Chinese?

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

I'm not on that island but maybe I have a clue. In Taipei they have some hot pots or sukiyaki restaurants that have cheese to be added in along with meats, seafoods and vegetables. got to say it was only a wierd thought and it tasted good.

another thought would be seafood dynomite, this is more at sushi bars but everyone makes it at home in their own variation.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,835 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

Some how, cheese, seafood and Chinese just don't compute in my brain. What channel or show was it? Do you remember?

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

it probably wasn't cheese. I think the food item is called "seafood dynamite" and I believe the same restaurant makes something called: "king dynamite" made with king crab I believe.

it was baked in a baking dish I believe. mix of seafood. maybe it was cream and not cheese.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,835 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

Hmm, well almost any Japanese restaurant will do "seafood dynamite", it is a very common sushi ingredient. Imanas Tei Restaurant has a king crab dynamite they do that they are well known for, but I haven't heard of TV shows being shot there.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,429 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

"Perhaps a new type of fusion restaurant - Italian/Chinese?"

There used to be a an Italian/Chinese fusion restaurant at the Hyatt, Ciao Mein, but it closed.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

: ( Sorry to read that it closed.

Kihei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,022 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

this dish is made by adding mayonaise to your seafood and baking it. also done on the BBQ. you can add what you wish, massago or tombiko (baby fish eggs) is common and if you like spicy add some to the mayo first. Sriracha and Shichimi are nice, Sriracha blends better and colors well for presentation. grated cheese is sometimes added, I've added some mozzarella before. some vegetables and mushrooms make it pretty.

9. Re: what chinese restaurant..on TV recently...good seafood chees

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2013, 10:33