We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I visit turtle bay resort for day...eat, sit on beach?

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can I visit turtle bay resort for day...eat, sit on beach?

May visit Hang Ten sports bar or Ola's during lunchtime with my family while staying on North shore but not at turtle bay.....can I eat here and enjoy the beach? or is it private beach? thanks.

think if I eat and spend money here they will allow my kids in their pool? can't hurt to ask.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I visit turtle bay resort for day...eat, sit on beach?

All beaches in Hawaii are public and the resorts have to provide some parking for the public for beach use how much is up to them.

Yes you can eat there and use the beach but I would say no they won't let your kids use the pool since you aren't staying there.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I visit turtle bay resort for day...eat, sit on beach?

You can dine anywhere there and swin and snorkel the bay next door. You cannot swin in the pool if you are not paying for a hotel room. If you try the staff will ask your children to leave the pool. I've seen it happen there. It is very embarrassing , as it should be. I taught my son since he was a very young age that dong something like that is cheating. Teach your children well.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,081 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I visit turtle bay resort for day...eat, sit on beach?

We enjoyed a drink at the outside bar, overlooking surfers in action.

Did not stay there, but visited a couple of times during our north shore vacation a couple years ago.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I visit turtle bay resort for day...eat, sit on beach?

My dh and I go up there a couple of times a year. You can eat at the restaurants and use the beach. All beaches in Hawaii are public. The one thing you can't do is use the pool.

No pool needed though as the cove is usually pretty calm and just right for kids. When going into the resort, if there is a guard at the guard station ask for a beach parking permit. If there is no guard, pull into the parking lot, just make sure you park in a place that is marked "beach parking".

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I visit turtle bay resort for day...eat, sit on beach?

thanks.....i'm basically looking for cool places to hang out and eat and have a drink while enjoying the beach and letting kids play on beach at same time. well.....they are teens not kids anymore....

6. Re: Can I visit turtle bay resort for day...eat, sit on beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 21:16