We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luau; Hale Koa!

Suffield, Ct
Level Contributor
165 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Luau; Hale Koa!

Has anyone been to the luau at the Hale Koa recently. We did it several years ago and enjoyed it. Thinking about going again. Any recent reviews?

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luau; Hale Koa!

we went about a year ago, I though the entertainers were good, price was good, location was good and when they do the military stuff it is touching. They can drop the longest married stuff, but they all do it. A better emcee would not hurt, he is ok, but seems like he belongs in vegas

Also the pre show was good, also nice not getting on a bus at 4:00 to see a luau and missing half you day

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,398 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luau; Hale Koa!

I was there last May. As far as luau's go, it's the worst I've been to. The emcee is a joke and the food mediocre. The fire dancers were very good.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luau; Hale Koa!

Our friends just went in January, and said it was better than previous ones--they go every year. Others were also commenting that they enjoyed this year more than previous years. We didn't go this past Christmas season, but will be doing it in our trip at the end of the year.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luau; Hale Koa!

Someone told us that the fire dancers were hot. Any comment??

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,283 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luau; Hale Koa!

It is about the only commercial luau I will go back to.

It is inexpensive, it is close, the food is decent (none of the luaus have great food) and the show is okay too.

Seattle
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luau; Hale Koa!

Scott, I'm just having a little fun here.

But I read a defense of the HK luau you posted earlier in which you said something to the effect of it being a chance to share time with your comrades.

Made me think that you may be active/former military. Yes/no?

I am, and never fail to visit the HK Barefoot Bar~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited: 23 February 2012, 07:46
Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luau; Hale Koa!

Fire dancers were hot?

Does this mean they weren't very skillful? Or?

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,398 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luau; Hale Koa!

The fire dancers I saw were children who had won awards for their skills. That is the only good thing about this luau.

9. Re: Luau; Hale Koa!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:15