We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat, driving up Windward coast? and Kailua?

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to eat, driving up Windward coast? and Kailua?

Suggestions on maybe two different dining establishments. Looking casual. But maybe where we can enjoy a beer while we are dining. Suggesion on someplace in kailua and then someplace north on the windward coast on our way to North shore lodging. Casual for sure.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat, driving up Windward coast? and Kailua?

I'm no longer big on their food anymore, but Buzz's in Kailua is still a nice place for a casual lunch and a few beers. Heading up the coast, you can stop at the Crouching Lion for a nice view.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,540 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat, driving up Windward coast? and Kailua?

You could always go to the shrimp trucks which are in Kahuku not very far from Turtle Bay.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat, driving up Windward coast? and Kailua?

Or pick up some plate lunches from Ted's. Take them over to Sunset beach and have a picnic. Don't forget the slice of chocolate haupia pie!!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,189 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat, driving up Windward coast? and Kailua?

I like Kaneke's in Waimanalo for plate lunches & go to Waimanalo Bay Recreation Area to eat.

Kailua:

kailuavacationrentals.net/kailuavacationrent…

I liked the plate lunches at K&K BBQ in Kailua also for take out plate lunches & go to Kailua Beach. There are many good restaurants in Kailua.

I also like the shrimp trucks & Ted's Bakery on the North Shore.

Any L&L around the island for plate lunch take out & go to a beach.

5. Re: Where to eat, driving up Windward coast? and Kailua?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:18