We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

new york, ny
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

As much as I would probably enjoy much of the daytime activities......I am thinking my kids might rather be enjoying the beach and water activities....time is so precious while on vacation....What did your young teens think?

I do think they would like the night Breath of Life show.....and we are already doing another luau......so we have hours to kill I believe inbetween day and night time show.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

Wow, this is a hard one...you know your kids best. I have a teenager, but he has never used the word "bored" in his life. He loves everything and has been to PCC 8 times.

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,766 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

Been several years since we did this, so I'm not sure what it's like today.

But, when we went the PCC was divided into different areas or regions of the islands. Each group would show you how their living spaces were constructed, maybe show some of their crafts, do some of their dances, and maybe let the kids play their instruments or drums.

Then you would go to another island and see how they do things. My 2 girls were probably 10 and 12 when they went and they loved ever single minute of it. Never got bored and were fascinated with everything and every person that performed.

I think it is one of their favorite things they ever did in Hawaii. That and the International Marketplace are probably some of their best memories. Remember they are girls and never met a shopping opportunity they didn't like.

I don't know how old your kids are but if they are at least 8 or 9 I think they would probably love it.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

I agree with scorchestra on this. It depends on the kids. There are many shows, activities on in each island, etc that will keep them entertained but it depends on the teen and what they enjoy. Maybe you could do some beach activities in the AM, have lunch somewhere and then get to the PCC early afternoon to enjoy some of the islands before dinner and the show.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,189 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

They won't get bored except maybe after the Ali'i Luau (or buffet) while waiting for the evening show to start.

Best day villages are Tonga & Samoa. Don't miss them.

Also don't miss the canoe pageant at 2:30.

IMAX is also interesting. But one you can skip if you don't get there until 2pm.

I also like IMAX if it is a hot day. The theater has A/C.

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

I agree with Dusty ... waiting for the luau or evening show can be a drag. The PCC folks want you to hang around and shop. IMAX is a good respite from the heat.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,247 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

We skip the luau and drive to the Turtle Bay Resort for dinner. It is only 10 minutes away, we then return for the evening show.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

Hmmm that's a great idea on going to Turtle Bay. That luau food is not the best. Maybe we'll do that next time.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
667 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

My girls were 11 and 13 last year and they really enjoyed the day, the food, and the show. Good luck in your planning! We were glad we went.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

You have me re-thinking my booking at PCC. I am currently booked for the Ambassador Luau package. I've had some reservations all along about the day being too long and focused all on one theme. I'm worried we won't enjoy the evening show as much if we are Polynesian-cultured out! I had posted about alternate places to eat a while back and most people said it wasn't worth getting out of PCC and back. But if Turtle Bay is really only 10 minutes away - that looks like a good option - plus we can relax in our room for a bit. Unfortunately, that would completely change our seating - wish I could book a good seat without a meal plan!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Daytime at PCC? Did your young teens enjoy or get bored?

You can select seats (luau seating) for $10 each without a meal plan