We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to get Oriented

Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to get Oriented

My wife and I had a great time in Waikiki on the one night we spent there. We spent some time watching surfers from a pier and walking around to shops. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If so, which area is this (east west, central Waikiki)? Is this a good area to stay for a group of 9 with 4 mobile seniors? Any suggestions where we can get two condos for a good price. Priced out a couple of hotel rooms for a 7-8 day stay and it was about 10 grand!!!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,362 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to get Oriented

No pier in Waikiki so you must mean the sea wall at Kuhio Beach, it is down on the Diamond Head side of Waikiki.

Less expensive condos would be the Waikiki Banyan and Sunset and Hotel Ilima.

http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/oahaerials.html

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,489 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to get Oriented

Aloha,

That place might have been the Kapahulu Groin

hawaiiforvisitors.com/oahu/attractions/kapah…

Located on the east side of Waikiki.

A great place to stay and not far from the heart of Waikiki, in general ,between Lewers st. and Kaiulani ave.

Im sure you will get some great ideas from all the great posters on this site for your lodging.

Aloha

Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to get Oriented

This looks like the place. Any suggestions for places to stay?

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to get Oriented

I vote for the Banyan as well. Check out vrbo.com for private rentals. You will find good prices, and updated units. It has a great pool deck. I also am going with two seniors. The area is very good, and if you're not renting a car the bus is really easy for seniors to use. When I went with my mom, we used it a number of times. The bus lowers right to the curb for easy climbing. And you can't beat the price. The bus system is very good. Comes often, and there isn't anywhere it doesn't go.

Take a look at wizardpub that scott posted it give a good idea of what it looks like. Also I like to go to google maps and take a walk around Waikiki. Start off with an overhead view, and then put the little man on the street, and just take a walk. It helps me deal with the waiting. Only 44 days to go :) It's awesome to see so many Canadians going to Hawaii.

Edited: 13 March 2012, 04:39
Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
138 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to get Oriented

Aloha: When will you be going to Waikiki?

Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to get Oriented

July.

7. Re: Trying to get Oriented

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:40