We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner our last night in Hawaii

Adelaide SA
Level Contributor
230 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner our last night in Hawaii

Yes the tears are falling as I write :(

It's our last night after a wonderful 2 weeks.

We are 2 families with young teens . Any suggestions for a nice dinner maybe beachfront , to remember our stay ? We have a car , staying at banyan.

Thankyou ( and pass the Kleenex)

Dallas
Level Contributor
20,593 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner our last night in Hawaii

Well, we always do our farewell at Duke's. It's on the beach, lots of choice, fairly good food and reasonably priced.

I know how tough it can be !! LOL

Glad you had a great trip.

rhode island
Level Contributor
805 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner our last night in Hawaii

I vote for Duke's, too! It's fun, upbeat, delicious food and great people-watching!

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner our last night in Hawaii

I would eat outside at Duke's, at the Barefoot Bar seating outside. Great views, more casual, excellent food. On this short notice, your odds of getting a good table inside Duke's are slim, and it gets very noisy. Opt for the outdoor seating near the sand.

Second choice - or maybe first - would be House Without A Key at Halekulani. Get their around 6:00 or a little earlier and take your time. They do serve drinks, appetizers, dinner, salads, and DESSERT! I love their spaghetti. Sounds silly, but I think it may be a house speciality. Lots of other yummy dishes as well. And of course, live music, hula and sunset!

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner our last night in Hawaii

How about Chart House?

We always enjoy our meals there. It's down by the marina. Good food and good atmosphere. They usually have music.

Something different... Especially if u have already eaten at Duke's. Not that there is anything wrong with Duke's :)

Their Lava cake is delicious !

Edited: 16 March 2012, 00:26
La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
495 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner our last night in Hawaii

Does house without a key take reservations?

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,977 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner our last night in Hawaii

OK...tossing a whole box of Kleenex your way. Another vote for Duke's if you haven't been there yet, or to be honest, even if you HAVE! It's a great Aloha place.

Edited: 16 March 2012, 00:31
Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner our last night in Hawaii

If Duke's is too busy go upstairs to the Hula Grill... It's a little quieter, a little pricier, but same view and very nice with good food.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,921 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner our last night in Hawaii

With young teens, Duke's Barefoot Bar, not the main dining room is a good recommendation.

I think I'd also look at Shore Bird in the Outrigger Reef, next door to the Halekulani. I'd go to the House Without a Key for cocktails and slip next door to Shore Bird. It is a "cook your own steak" place so the prices are pretty good and my kids as teens loved the "cook your own" places like this.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,956 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner our last night in Hawaii

Top of Waikiki

Adelaide SA
Level Contributor
230 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner our last night in Hawaii

Thanks everyone. We loved dukes in Maui and went back a couple of times. Is it a different Menu?

I like the other options too. Will have to book and see where is available at short notice