We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage

Sydney, Australia
10 posts
Save Topic
Luggage

Where is the best place to buy luggage. We are coming from Australia and would like to buy light weight good quality luggage.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage

International market place has economical luggage that will last one trip.

There is a Tumi outlet store at the outlet mall if you are venturing out west. Tumi often has great prices on good quality luggage.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,793 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage

Bear in mind that Tumi is very expensive to begin with. You'll probably find better deals on good-quality, less-expensive luggage. Try Macy's. Show them your ticket and they'll give you an additional discount..

Newcastle Au
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage

This has been a recent topic of discussion on the forum for us mad keen Aussie shoppers.

Here is the link....

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k522…

On our first trip we purchased a spare suitcase from Macy's & it fits perfectly into my larger one. So now, what I do is pack into the smaller one & place it in the larger one. Gives the Ag & TSA guys a bit of a laugh when they open one, & then have to open the smaller one inside - like Russian nesting dolls!!!

At Macy's, don't forget to get your International Savings Card which can get you an extra 10% discount on most items.

Happy shopping - & welcome to the club (you'll be hooked like the rest of us).

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage

See recent thread. I would go to Macy's or the new TJ Maxx if is it open by the time of your visit.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
24,781 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage

Aloha,

Check out Rimowa at the Moana Surfrider in Waikiki

www.collectionsofwaikiki.com/en/shops/rimowa

Aloha

Adelaide SA
Level Contributor
230 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage

I've just returned yesterday and we bought samsonite luggage from Ross dress for less. Great quality for great prices at Ross

7. Re: Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2013, 09:51