We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanumana Bay

Columbia, South...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hanumana Bay

Since our kids will be trying to adjust to the new time zone (we are flying from East Coast) we have decided that we are going to do Hanuamana Bay the first morning we are there since we will be up at the crack of dawn anyway. It says that they open at 6am and i will guarantee that we will be in the water then. The BUS does not start running until 8:15a.m. and the tours don't pick up until like 7:30a.m.

Are the taxis reliable or is there another method to get there first thing in the morning????

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,625 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanumana Bay

I recommend you rent a car the entire time on Oahu.

By the time you pay for airport transportation, cabs, buses, etc., you won't save any $$ by not renting a car.

If you plan to get to Hanauma Bay soon after it opens, you won't have to pay the admission. Nor will you have to stand in line for the film.

Ticket booth opens at 7am. Get there by 6:45 to ensure you will get in for free.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanumana Bay

Not sure what day of the week your 1st day is, but keep in mind Haunama Bay is closed Tuesday.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
17,030 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanumana Bay

Your vacation will be so much nicer if you rent a car, at least for a few days to see the lovely island. Your first day plan is a case in point.

By the way, you will also be surprised at the number of other people who will be up at the crack of dawn. I think this is my favorite part of visiting Hawaii. We have done so many things - hikes and drives - early, before the tour buses get rolling and it is a great way to get more out of your vacation. Napping under a palm tree (or the hotel) at 2:00 pm is wonderful!

4. Re: Hanumana Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2013, 09:26