We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rum?

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Rum?

I know that I can't get lemon hart rum in Hawaii, but if anyone is familiar with it, would you be able to recommend one that is close to this. My dh would really appreciate this.

Cheryl

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,619 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rum?

I have never heard of it.

You may be able to find it on Oahu.

This link mentions Hilton Hawaiian Village.

…blogspot.com/2012/01/hilton-hawaiin-village…

And if a restaurant/lounge at HHV has it, you might find it in a liquor store.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rum?

Rum! Arrrrghh, now you're talking my language, matey! Try "Hana Bay" rum. Both dark and light. It is available at ABC stores. It is not a premium rum, but right up there with Bacardi, although I actually like the Hana Bay slightly better. Enjoy! Chuck...

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rum?

Oh Dusty, thank you for that. We looked at the duty free last time, and they had never heard of lemon hart. They really don't know what they are missing. I will try and find it when we are there.

Chuck- thanks for that, but if you are comparing the rum with bacardi, we probably wouldn't like it, my husband can't stand bacardi. Thanks anyway.

We will be going for a rum tasting while visiting Kauai, so I'm looking forward to that.

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rum?

I found some at the Liquor Collection. They have a store on Ala Moana, and there is one at the Ward Warehouse Center. Not really cheap, but the dh will be happy :)

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rum?

You are at the HHV? Where are you staying again?

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rum?

No, we are staying first at the Beachcomber, and when we get back from the cruise, we will stay at the Banyan. We'll have a car for that week, so no problem getting to wherever we can find it. I have only called this one place though. We will probably look in the liquor stores when we get there. We didn't try finding it last time, as we just assumed you couldn't get it on the islands since they didn't have it in the duty free. Well you know what the say about someone who assumes...

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rum?

Look at ABC Stores. There is a large one behind the Hyatt - but they are all over the place, too. Another huge one on Beach Walk the end toward the beach. We have found that they carry alot of brands that I wouldn't see on Mainland USA - the cater to international visitors as well as Americans. You may just find what you want!

One more thing ... you're not going to take rum on the cruise, are you??

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rum?

Nope, they would just confiscate it lol. We probably will buy some on Kauai when we attend the luau. They make their own rum now. I'll just turn it in when re-boarding, and they will give it back after the cruise.

I did look in many, many ABC's while there the last time, and didn't notice our brand of rum, but you never know. I love going into ABC stores, everyone of them has something a little different. :)

9. Re: Rum?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:17