We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegiant air to Honolulu?

T S
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Allegiant air to Honolulu?

Has anyone flown Allegiant Air from Vegas or Fresno to Honolulu? What was your experience? Not sure I would want a cut-rate airline on this trip which is uncomfortable already, but if the savings were great, who knows?

lethbridge alberta
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegiant air to Honolulu?

I have flown Allegiant a few times. Not to HNL but there service is excellent. They have a laid back style on there flights. Usually give away prizes and do a 50/50 draws.

T S
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegiant air to Honolulu?

I just have to wonder if their maintenance is laid back too? Know what I mean? Anyone know what planes they fly? Are all seats the same class and size?

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allegiant air to Honolulu?

Teri: You need to post on TA's Air Travel forum. Also go to seat guru to find out about the seating and planes, and try the airline's website. It will also tell you about the planes.

After you do some air travel, you will know that there is a difference between the flight crew and the mechanics. Good Luck. Chuck...

T S
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allegiant air to Honolulu?

Thanks Chuck!

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
16,238 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Allegiant air to Honolulu?

They don't start service on those routes until late June 2012.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k53186…

You might want to look on flyertalk.com for info on Allegiant.

3Chihuahuas

T S
Iowa
Level Contributor
10,863 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allegiant air to Honolulu?

3chis, thank you for the links with the details. Interesting discussions. We would have to fly to Vegas first and spend the the night. We'd rather spend our time in Hawaii. But then if we decide to take the whole family again, 7 or more people, the savings could be worthwhile. Prices vary depending on dates and some save more than others. Maybe we could send our college age sons on Allegiant while we take a better flight! I'd love to put a trip together this summer, but schedules are tight so not sure when it will happen yet. Every great plan starts with a dream....

7. Re: Allegiant air to Honolulu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 May 2012, 12:28
8. Re: Allegiant air to Honolulu?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 June 2012, 20:35
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
46,990 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Allegiant air to Honolulu?

There won't be any experience or advice about Allegiant Air flights to Hawaii as they haven't started yet!! We will have to wait and see what happens in the future!! It helps to read the previous posts.

10. Re: Allegiant air to Honolulu?

Removed on: 05 June 2012, 20:36