We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations/plan ahead or just wing it? (Oahu in July)

New York State
9 posts
Save Topic
Reservations/plan ahead or just wing it? (Oahu in July)

We have our hotel and flight booked but I wonder if there are other things/activites we might need to book in advance? Also, for renting a car... we will prob want a car part of the trip but not the whole trip. Can we just rent one while we're there or do we need to do this in advance as well? Thanks!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations/plan ahead or just wing it? (Oahu in July)

You can rent one while you are there. Only if you go to another island would I rent in advance, as they have car shortages.

In Waikiki, I use The Bus for the majority of the time, but would hire a car for the last day or two to go to the north shore.

Check your hotel on their parking fees, if you hire for two or more days.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations/plan ahead or just wing it? (Oahu in July)

I get dinner reservations and for sure a car reservation. As stated they often run out of cars in waikiki and if you gt one it will be expensive. Budget is at the Hyatt and works for us

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations/plan ahead or just wing it? (Oahu in July)

I second the dinner reservations comment. We will be there starting July 14th and started making reservations two weeks ago. There were places that were already booked up on certain days for prime times (Orchid's brunch, Alan Wong's, Duke's).

For reservations, check both open table and the restaurant. A lot of restaurants will set aside a certain number for call ins and a certain number for open table, so if you can't find something, try the other method.

New York State
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations/plan ahead or just wing it? (Oahu in July)

Ok thanks so much! :-)

5. Re: Reservations/plan ahead or just wing it? (Oahu in July)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 05:16