We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Waikiki past Hanauma Bay

United States
Level Contributor
198 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Waikiki past Hanauma Bay

We've never driven past Hanauma Bay along the coast, but my wife, 2 kids and I are planning to do this. Any suggestions on what to see and do? We're fairly open. We rented a Jeep and are looking to enjoy it. Thanks.

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,512 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Waikiki past Hanauma Bay

Drive all the way around the island and over to north shore. Lots to see and do. Get a map that points out all of the sites along the way and plan an entire day for it. It's a great adventure.

Personally I prefer to do it in a big comfy cadillac, but a jeep is OK. Be sure to put on lots of sun screen !!

Have a great trip.

Aloha

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,903 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Waikiki past Hanauma Bay

Also, check out the "Oahu driving tours" webpage, see the box on right side of this webpage, first link in "Top questions about Oahu".

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,536 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Waikiki past Hanauma Bay

Just kick back and keep driving! Just to get away from all the crowds in Waikiki!! That alone is enough to do and a good enough reason to drive around the island! Check out the North Shore, Chinaman's Hat, Kailua Beach, the Dole Plantation, the famous shrimp trucks, etc., etc.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
47,725 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Waikiki past Hanauma Bay

This is the best drive on the island. Fabulous scenery abounds!! Pack up and make a day of it.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Waikiki past Hanauma Bay

My absolute favorite drive with breathtaking scenery!!!!

Don't forget to stop for delicious fruit at one of the road side stands!

Edited: 05 July 2012, 21:57
6. Re: Driving from Waikiki past Hanauma Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 10:17