We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Eats less than $10

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
84 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Good Eats less than $10

Aloha!,

I will be traveling with a group of friends on a shoe string and we have set aside a budget of USD$10(including taxes) for each meal per person. Please help to recommend some good and cheap eating places for breakfast, lunch, dinner and if possible supper. :)

Thanks!

Wyandotte, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Eats less than $10

Hi Globe!

Look in the Top questions about OAHU links to the right of the page. There's a great link for Cheap Eats on Oahu or Amberloo and Food! Also, do a search on the forum for Cheap Eats and there's a lot of discussions!

They've been very helpful for my planning!

Edited: 08 July 2012, 18:45
Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
929 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Eats less than $10

ME Korean BBQ (I hope I got the name right) at The royal Grove hotel.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Eats less than $10

The Top Questions will give you the best answers on "cheap eats" here on Oahu.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,890 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Eats less than $10

Me BBQ, Fatty's Chinese, Uncle's Fish Market & Grill, Nico's Pier 38, Mei Sum Dim Sum, Lulu's, Side Street Inn.... there are a lot actually.

Lots of specials and great happy hours out there. Google "pau hana" and "Happy Hours" for Honolulu.

Edited: 09 July 2012, 01:14
Seattle
Level Contributor
4,566 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Eats less than $10

I also recommend Me's. But here's a tip. - Unless you are a lumberjack or a sumo wrestler, most of the selections will feed two people very nicely!

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Eats less than $10

All plate lunches are under $10 and you will never go hungry for lunch or dinner. For breakfast, hit the Wailana Coffee Shop for a filling and affordable breakfast.

SYDNEY AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
406 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Eats less than $10

Moose McGillycuddys in Lewers st.

Check their menu on the net, they have different special nights that are cheap and the food is excellent.

They also do breakfast

Also Ala Moana food court you will be able to all pick different foods that you want.

Edited: 09 July 2012, 04:30
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,950 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Eats less than $10

Outside of Waikiki:

Most places in Chinatown under $10.

Try a place with dim sum. Usually about $3 for a bamboo basket of three like items. You look at the items on the cart & pick the ones you want. Everyone at the table shares, so you get a chance to sample 10 different items for about $10 each.

Shrimp trucks in or near Kahuku about $12.

Rainbow Drive In - just out of Waikiki on Kapahulu Ave.

Several good food courts including Ala Moana Center (best food court in Hawaii), Royal Hawaiian Center, International Market Place, Waikiki Shopping Plaza.

There are many restaurants with $3-$4 breakfast specials. $5 if you include coffee. You'll see them as you walk up & down Kalakaua Ave & Kuhio Ave. I liked Moose McGillycuddy's for their (then) $3.99 breakfast special.

http://moosemcgillycuddys.com/

Any Zippy's around the island.

Are you going to be touring the island on your own or with a tour company?

If on your own, I have several more favorites around the island.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
84 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good Eats less than $10

Wow!! Thanks for the info- I didnt know that there is a ready supply of cheap and good food in Oahu-

Dusty,

We will be touring the Island on our own. However, we will not be renting a car. We will be getting the 4 day bus pass instead. Will be in Oahu for 4.5 days from Aug 1st to Aug 5th.

Sask
Level Contributor
700 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good Eats less than $10

Teddy's Burgers on Kapahulu and the food court at the Ala Moana Center.