We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ah, I'm Not Sure How to Say This, But....

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
Save Topic
Ah, I'm Not Sure How to Say This, But....

Oahu has a bad case of the crabs! :)

www.khon2.com/mediacenter/local.aspx…

(It seems they heard there was to be an Oahu TA meeting and MsFuzz was to be guest marine life speaker!)

Maryland, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ah, I'm Not Sure How to Say This, But....

Wow, I found one of these on my sons back at Lanikai last week, I plucked it off him and put it back in the water. There was no color to it, just a tiny clear looking crab.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ah, I'm Not Sure How to Say This, But....

Mysterious crabs. Very cool. Well, we did just have a major influx of sailors in town (wink wink). And before anyone jumps on me...I'm a retired Sailor!

Hana, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ah, I'm Not Sure How to Say This, But....

Sailors are cool MrsCombs; crabs are not cool 'cause they run sideways and look at you weird. (I know, I know...I'm prejudicial but I can't help it!) Did you see any of the little critters MrsCombs? That is the crabs, not the sailors! LOL

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,982 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ah, I'm Not Sure How to Say This, But....

Weird huh caddyman!! Can't say as I've ever seen them. Been out of the water for the last week or two, since I'm just a citizen scientist, I'll leave the research up to the professionals.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ah, I'm Not Sure How to Say This, But....

Caddy,

I haven't seen them but my curiousity is up. I've been avoiding the beach location with all the sailors in town. Not safe for women and children to be out unatttended!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,385 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ah, I'm Not Sure How to Say This, But....

They are some weird looking creatures.

7. Re: Ah, I'm Not Sure How to Say This, But....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 05:17