We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

Corona Downtown
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

I am flying in to Oahu on Friday and staying at the HHV. Where is the best location for me to watch fireworks without paying the overpriced fee? Give it up!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

There's no fee to watch the fireworks. I think the lagoon is the best place to watch, although across the path in the Marina is good, too.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,350 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

It's open and free to the public. Don't know where you got the idea you had to pay to watch.

ecoast
Level Contributor
339 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

I'm sure he's referring to the pre-firework show the HHV has.

We like the beach area between the Hale Koa and the HHV for viewing the fireworks. Know that it is a brief display.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

Second the area between HHV and Hale Koa. That is where we always stand on the beach.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,780 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

Fireworks are free.

The Polynesian show before the fireworks is free if you want to stand around the pool perimeter (we always do). $20 for poolside seats, includes one cocktail.

The fireworks start just as the show finishes. So you can go to the beach right there from the show.

You can also go to Magic Island at Ala Moana Beach Park. Great sunset from there & fireworks are close.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

We bought the tickets one time...$60 for three of us to sit in beach chairs at the pool with a cup of punch(since we didn't want alcoholic drinks)...now we use the $60 for food at Tropics...right next to the pool and are able to watch the show and fireworks plus have a decent meal :+)

Edited: 19 July 2012, 14:09
Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,735 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

I wouldn't plan anything around the fireworks -- just 3 - 5 minute display. It's nothing like the Fourth of July fireworks you may remember from your childhood. lol

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

Just behind the HHV on the beach. Can see where they shoot the fireworks. There was a small crowd sitting and playing in the sand, waiting. It was short but sweet.

9. Re: Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel: Fireworks on Friday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:16