We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

more advice please!

Monticello, New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
more advice please!

I am planning a vacation to hawaii for a week in December for two people (27 yrs old) (not sure which hotel yet- but i like Ilima) I have four things that we are interested in doing and am not sure if we should do them all or how much we should bring.

1. A Luau- i was looking into the Paradise Cove Luau. Should we purchase the reg package? Would it be worth going to this one or Hale Koa and would we be able to go to a military hotel to see a luau? I am open to suggestions for the Luau-don't want to spend more than $125 each though. I've heard of PCC (don't know about an all day luau-is it to far from waikiki?, Germaine's-what is the diff between Germaines and Paradise Cove?

2. Pearl Harbor- I saw the price for the Battleships of WWII package for $69.99 each....Is this usually sold out? Could i wait to purchase tickets when we get there or ahead of time online?

3. Diamond Head - All day trip? free?

4. Parasailing-One of the #1 choices. I don't know how much this costs? weight limit for tandem?

I plan to bring a combination of cash and credit card (american express). How much does someone approx spend for one week?

(one of us is a strict vegetarian).

day 1-arrive-relax

day 2-Diamond Head

day 3-parasailing

day 4-beach/luau

day5 pearl harbor

day 6-beach/shopping

day 7-home

Any Comments/ Feedback would be GREATLY appreciated

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,321 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: more advice please!

2, Pearl Harbor -- the price you are looking at is for a commercial tour, probably with transportation. You can take the bus to Pearl Harbor for $2.50 per person. There is a visitors' center there where you can get tickets, or you can get them on line in advance.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: more advice please!

You can attend the Hale Koa Luau on a space available basis. It's rarely sold out so there shouldn't be an issue.

3. Re: more advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:16