We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Star Dinner Cruise on Star of Honolulu

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
5 Star Dinner Cruise on Star of Honolulu

This sounds like the ultimate package with lobster, filet, private window table in super nova room top deck. Also includes jazz trio, premium drinks, after dinner drink cart and Bellini. For all this it would cost total of $205 each. Has anyone done this and is it a fabulous experience?

Also considering a premium package for dinner cruise on the Navatek. Which is better.

We are ready to splurge if it's worthwhile.

Thanks for your help.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,669 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Star Dinner Cruise on Star of Honolulu

Nope, not even close to being worth it.

Take a sunset sail on the NaHokuII, go have a really 5 star dinner at one of the top restaurants on Waikiki, and then listen to some nice Hawaiian entertainment and enjoy a mai-tai at one ot the beach hotels.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Star Dinner Cruise on Star of Honolulu

If I was going to splurge that kind of money on a meal, I would go to La Mer and get amazing food, service and atmosphere with a window table and then take a sunset cat cruise another time. We had the 5 star on New Years eve and while the food wasn't horrible, it was not even close to great. We had a good time and my out of town guest loved it so it was all good....but not something I recommend.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Star Dinner Cruise on Star of Honolulu

At $205 each you would be far, far, far ahead of the game to go to La Mer, Alan Wong's or Chef Mavro.

You might get 5 star views from the Star of Honolulu, but you'll get 2 1/2 star food at best.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Star Dinner Cruise on Star of Honolulu

Agree with all of the above.

Even Scott xo

Edited: 01 August 2012, 03:20
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,505 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 5 Star Dinner Cruise on Star of Honolulu

I have not taken a cruise on the Star of Honolulu in many years.....

But I have often watched the folks disembarking from the sunset dinner cruise at the Aloha Tower Marketplace.

Can't say i've ever seen or heard anyone seem that thrilled, ya' know, effusively raving about how great it was or carrying that radiance of a spectacular experience.

Of course, 90 percent of the passengers are Japanese, and they are typically reserved folks.

It does look beautiful on the water, though.

FYI, the Navitek is a more stable ship.

If i was gonna blow $205 on dinner, it would would definitely be raw fish and sake, baby.

Edited: 01 August 2012, 03:43
6. Re: 5 Star Dinner Cruise on Star of Honolulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 21:18