We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor Tickets

Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor Tickets

I know I want/need to buy my USS Arizona tickets on line in advance. I'm torn on whether we will want to see the other three ships and so hesitate to buy the passport in advance. So if I don't, do I risk long lines? sell out?

Or is this something we can play by ear?

Edited: 31 July 2012, 13:32
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor Tickets

I would just do the Arizona on line and you can play the rest by ear. It is Summer time so definately buy on line. It will take you a few hours to do the Arizona properly. You should be able to buy the others if you want after that without too much hassle

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor Tickets

I completely agree with bogieman, order the arizona tickets on line and add more later, unless you're sure you want to do them all and want the discount. The Mighty Mo is, well, a battleship. It's a floating city and can literally hold thousands. The Pacific Aviation Museum was very empty when we went (but we did it first thing in the morning). It's a small, but great, museum and I definitely recommend getting the big package tour that includes a tour of the restoration hanger.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbor Tickets

Thanks!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,069 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbor Tickets

I've never had a problem getting tickets to see Bowfin or the Missouri. I would just reserve your time for the Arizona for what fits your schedule and then do the rest as you have time. The long lines seem to have disappeared with the on line reservation system.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Harbor Tickets

Reporting back....we had a very informative and enjoyable day at Pearl Harbor with no issue in getting the additonal tickets we wanted.

We took a cab to get there (about $50 from Waikiki) and 45 min.

The musuem was a real highlight. Really set the stage for the memorial.

After the trip to the memorial, we did the Bowfiin but decided to skip the Missouri. We were at the end of a long trip and were looking forward to some pool time. It was not an issue at all to pick up the Bowfin (or MO) tickets after the memorial visit.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Harbor Tickets

You just confirmed our decision to reserve Arizona tickets and "wing" the rest as the day goes on. We are going with our 2 children, and depending on how tired everyone is, will dictate how many of the other museums we do.

I am curious as to how you got back to Waikiki. Did you take a taxi back, and were you able to find one easily once you were done? I'm in the same boat in that we are staying in Waikiki without a car. We have a fairly early Arizona time slot, so I don't want to chance a longer trip with the bus. I was thinking of reserving VIP Tours, but then I think I have to arrange a pick-up time and I really won't know until we get there. Now I'm contemplating taxi althought the cost is significantly higher. Thanks for any info.

Dallas
Level Contributor
23,979 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pearl Harbor Tickets

Well, I don't know how early your reservation is, but I highly recommend taking the bus. It is easy to catch, no changes required and only took 15 minutes longer than keymom took on a $50 cab ride. The bus is $2.50 and $1.25 for kids. And you can use the transfer to get back for free if you use it in about a 3.5 hour time frame.

So, I would suggest you reconsider a taxi that might cost you $100 round trip. But, up to you.

Hope you have a great trip.

Aloha

Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pearl Harbor Tickets

We were told to allow 1.5 hours for the bus and didn't want to have to get up that early.

There was a cab line there so easy to get a cab back. I took a biz card from cabby 1 just in case we needed to call for a return cab but it really wasn't an issue.

We didn't see great food options there, by the way. There was a stand selling hot dogs (actually, rather tasty but limited). So you might want to pack something. Lots of tables and beverages available.

9. Re: Pearl Harbor Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 21:17