We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First night's meal near airport

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
596 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First night's meal near airport

Hi everyone.

My family and I are coming to Oahu this week (Thursday night). We arrive at 8:00 PM, and are staying at the Best Western Plaza (right near the airport) for that first night. We have tickets to the Arizona Memorial that next morning at 8:00 am, and then will be leaving and staying in Ko Olina for the next 9 nights.

Can anyone recommend a family friendly place near (or even at) the airport? I really don't care if it's a "sit down" or "take out" type of place. Either would be fine, just something relatively quick and good that we can feed the kids before bed.

Thank you! :-)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First night's meal near airport

Have a look at the hotel website. They have a restaurant but it closes at 9pm. But it also gives you a long list of restaurants in the area.... Some would probably deliver to your room.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First night's meal near airport

I've eaten here a couple of times when waiting for a flight. Good pizza.

http://bigkahunaspizzahawaii.com/location.php

Call and order when you arrive and then go by and pick it up (if you arrive in time). It is about a 2 minute drive (or less) from the rental car sites. They close at 9pm

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,226 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First night's meal near airport

Right outside your hotel is Byron's Drive Inn. It is a great place for a plate lunch, burger or what ever and they are open until midnight so you don't need to rush.

It is cash only though so be prepared for that.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
596 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First night's meal near airport

Wow - great. Thanks so much for the ideas. I appreciate it.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First night's meal near airport

A little further down the road going the direction of Pearl Harbor is Moanalua Shopping center. There is a Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Panda Express, Ruby Tuesday, Subway, and a couple other odd balls in addition to Starbucks and Jamba Juice.

In the same shopping center as the Big Kahuna's (which is awesome by the way) there is also a Jamba Juice and Starbucks along with a Blimpe's Subs and L&L BBQ and Chinese).

yelp.com/biz/moanalua-shopping-center-honolu…

Edited: 15 August 2012, 00:18
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,502 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: First night's meal near airport

"Right outside your hotel is Byron's Drive Inn. It is a great place for a plate lunch, burger or what ever and they are open until midnight so you don't need to rush."

I think they are open 24 hours seven days/week.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,226 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First night's meal near airport

>>>I think (Byron's Drive Inn) they are open 24 hours seven days/week.<<<

Yeah I just remember seeing in that they "closed" at 12AM, but didn't notice that they "opened" at 12AM too.

…typepad.com/ono_kine_grindz/2005/02/byrons_…

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,502 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First night's meal near airport

I went to Byron's several times midnight or later in the early 70's.

Have not been back there since, mostly because of logistics.

Not great food then, but decent & only one of few choices.

I think it is still a decent place, but can get rough after midnight from reviews I've read.

Before midnight, it's a good choice, especially considering the location to Best Western Plaza.

After midnight there are too many drunks (been there done that at Byron's) from either locals or nearby military bases.

It would still be mostly safe, but who wants to be among drunks? Most are not drunks, but it only takes a few to spoil things.

9. Re: First night's meal near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 18:18