We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu vs big island for 3nights

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oahu vs big island for 3nights

Going to conference in honolulu for 4nights in november and can extend 3more nights--haven't been to other areas on Oahu or big island for many years. We r in 60s--any ideas? North Oahu, kona or Hilo areas?

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,448 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oahu vs big island for 3nights

What do you want to see on the big island that you can't see on Oahu and save a day of interisland travel and hotel changing?

Only thing I might think of is volcano and most people on here say there is not much to see of that these days.

Diamond Head is a volcano. I'd lay on the beach and stare at that if it were me !!

Canada
Level Contributor
9,126 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oahu vs big island for 3nights

I wouldn't split a 7 night stay.

Lots to do on Oahu.

Burr Ridge, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oahu vs big island for 3nights

A conference is always fun when it is on the Hawaiian islands.

If you are interested in visiting the BI and the volcano this may be the right time for you to work and play as you please.

Depending on how your travel is managed (corporation or you) you may be able to fly to HNL and home from Hilo requiring you to only have to pay for one interisland flight

If your goal is to see Volcano National Park then 'do it'. Flying from HNL to ITO is so easy.

If you don't feel the need to visit the national park then stay on Oahu.

Either way, you can only win!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,292 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oahu vs big island for 3nights

I would not go to the BI for three nights.

Stay on Oahu. What is your budget for the extra three nights? Where are you staying the first four?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,927 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oahu vs big island for 3nights

Stay put.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Oahu vs big island for 3nights

4 conference nights at University of Honolulu (HNL). Budget open for

extra 3 nights (like bargains, but usually pay more for nice surroundings). Last visit we stayed at Royal Hawaiian and enjoyed that.

7. Re: Oahu vs big island for 3nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 19:15