We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

I read on the internet that Turtle Bay Resort is beginning renovations to the rooms in the 3rd quarter of this year. Just wondering if anyone who has stayed there recently has seen this or know if renovations are to begin soon. We are thinking of staying there in May 2013.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

I'll be there Monday and will write a report when I return. I'll let you all know!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,180 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

"I'll be there Monday and will write a report when I return. I'll let you all know!"

Have a great trip!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

Have a great trip scorchestra

What kind of renovations are they doing? Looking forward to your report on this . I'm was just looking into splitting my stay next year with Turtle Bay Resort, and a condo in Waikiki.

I'm so looking forward to going back to TB, and very curious now.

Thanks in advance.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

I will also be splitting my stay. I will try to give you all a "live" report next week.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

Great! Can't wait for your report. Have a great trip!

Falmouth, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

I stayed at Turtle Bay in September 2012 and am returning next year in Sept 2013. They commence renovations of the bedrooms in January 2013 and the renovations will be done wing by wing. They will then be doing the restaurants and gym and they anticipate finishing in 12 months. They assure me there will be little disruption as the work will be screened off from guests and as its being done wing by wing hopefully it should be OK. There should be more info on their website in december or January 2013 just prior to commencement of the work. Hope this helps

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
310 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

Thanks so much for the update.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,317 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

They told me they would post it on their website, that is the best place to. Check. I will be there in May again to check it out.

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

Confirming the comments by Tresc0, the way I interpret this article, in Pacific Business News, the renovations are scheduled to END in September (approximately)...the START is apparently scheduled for this month.

bizjournals.com/pacific/blog/2012/12/swinert…

A good friend of our son is/was (?) getting married in April at TBR. When he called Turtle Bay a few days ago, as my son relayed, the person with whom he spoke acted as if she knew nothing about the project. He requested a call-back; will post if anything....

Edited: 05 January 2013, 14:07
Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turtle Bay Resort Renovating?

The monthly Turtle Bay Resort BLOG has, in the past, been a pretty good source of info, but hasn't been updated since October:

http://www.turtlebayresortblog.com/