We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guided tour

Australia
Level Contributor
342 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Guided tour

Does anyone have any recommendations on which company to do a guided tour with to see around the island and also to do a pearl harbour tour. Would prefer this to a self guided tour. thanks

Royal Star Hawaii Deluxe Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Oahu Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Escape Waikiki Tours
Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
E Noa Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Day Trips
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,070 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guided tour

You don't need a tour of Pearl Harbor. You can get there on the bus for $2.50 each way. You can reserve a slot for the Arizona Memorial and other sites on-line.

Sounds like you are not renting a car? There are Circle Tours and some pick-up services for luau, Kuala Ranch, Polynesian Cultural Center ... what did you have in mind.

There is a double decker bus that you can hop-on-and-off to see the site in Honolulu...

Australia
Level Contributor
342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guided tour

Thanks BLBL, we wanted to see around the island other than Waikiki, but didn't want to hire a car, would prefer a guided tour, to see the north shore beaches and other sights.

Thanks for the advice about the bus to Pearl Harbour, will look at that.

Would also like to visit the PCC, do you recommend this for a luau?

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
24,804 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guided tour

Aloha,

Enoa and Roberts tours has been helping people see the Islands for decades

enoa.com/oahu-sightseeing-tours/default.asp

robertshawaii.com/oahu/oahu-circle-island.php

PCC is the best value for the best in Polynesian entertainment

http://www.polynesia.com/

Have a great time

Aloha

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,070 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guided tour

Pull up the Polynesian Cultural Center on line and take a look at their packages. It's can be an all-day (and well into the evening) excursion. I've never done their luau ... because the evening show that follows the luau focuses on music and dance as well.

Australia
Level Contributor
342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guided tour

Thanks jet83, they both seem to have a good variety of tours, I like the look of Roberts grand circle tour and will check out the PCC tours.

Australia
Level Contributor
342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guided tour

BLBL,

thanks, will check out the PCC packages, we really wanted to do a luau while we are in Hawaii.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,070 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Guided tour

You can do a luau as part of the package at the PCC - perhaps I wasn't clear - it's just that the evening show follows the luau ... that's two shows in a row. The evening show is not to be missed if you go to the PCC. The PCC does offer a couple buffets as well as the luau. No alcohol at the PCC, BTW.

There are a few luau around the island. I would opt for Paradise Cove luau, and they do have pick-up from Waikiki. It's in Ko'Olina - which would show you another part of the Island.

http://paradisecovehawaii.com/

Adelaide SA
Level Contributor
230 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Guided tour

Hi there

I can highly recommend Bruce Fisher at Aloha Hawaii Travel. Here is his website www.hawaii-aloha.com/activities/island/oahu and he is also on facebook . https://www.facebook.com/hawaiialohatravel

All kinds of tours and he is amazingly knowledgeable ! He looks after us Aussies too!!

Cheers and all the best

Lydia

Australia
Level Contributor
342 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guided tour

Thanks, will check out Paradise Cove and also Aloha Travel for tours.

Adelaide SA
Level Contributor
230 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Guided tour

I did the Paradise Cove luau and really enjoyed it. Lots of activities prior to the show to keep you busy and the buffet dinner was good standard luau fare.

All the best with your travel plans

Lydia