We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanauma Bay and parking and snorkelling

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
200 reviews
Save Topic
Hanauma Bay and parking and snorkelling

Is it easy to drive to Hanauma Bay?

What is cost of parking there?

I will be going solo.

Would I be allowed to go snorkeling on my own there?

how much it cost to rent the snorkel equipment for the day?

Adventure Tours Hawaii Day Tours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Oceanus Divers
Scuba & Snorkeling, Shark Diving, Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours
Dolphin Star (Hoku Nai'a)
Boat Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Scuba & Snorkeling
Divemad
Scuba & Snorkeling
Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
49,723 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanauma Bay and parking and snorkelling

Yes, it's an easy drive to get to Hanauma Bay. Parking is only 1.00 but they do charge 7.50 to get in unless you are a resident or active duty military. They are closed on Tuesday's. Get there early as it fills up fast and a lot of times they close the parking lot and you won't be able to get in. Later in the afternoon is always a possibility too. There are lifeguards there so I don't have a problem with you snorkeling alone there. You can snorkel alone anywhere you want but that doesn't mean it's a good idea!!

I don't know how much they charge to rent snorkel equipment. I do know it would be cheaper to rent somewhere else like Snorkel Bob's.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
2,012 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanauma Bay and parking and snorkelling

Snorkeling alone is ever a good idea but if you are going to do it Hunauma Bay is a good choice.

Ir is guarded, there are always other people in the water, it is protected by a reef, and many parts are shallow.

If you aren't a good swimmer and totally comfortable in the water you can see things in knee deep water. If you are a good swimmer you have relatively safe areas to explore.

3. Re: Hanauma Bay and parking and snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2013, 10:17