We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

disneymom
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

We had a condo booked and recently got a call that they were overbooked so now we're back to square one. We have 3 kids which has made the search a bit harder.

Does anyone have experience with hellorelaxation? A lot of condos are already booked for January but their condos car available. Worries me a little.

thanks!

Dallas
Level Contributor
25,166 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

I've never heard them mentioned on here before. Where are their condos ??

Be careful of illegal rentals in some areas.

Hope someone here can give you more information.

Aloha

Seattle
Level Contributor
6,161 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

Never heard of them personally. But we have used vrbo several times with good results.

Here is what we look for:

Are there guest reviews posted on their vrbo page? Do those reviews cover a decent period of time? Are some reviews recent? Do they sound legit?

Is the calendar posted? Does it look like people have reserved a lot and booked far out?

Do the pictures clearly show the specifics of the rental? Do the descriptions give you a clear idea of what you'll get?

Do you get prompt, specific, answers to your questions?

Based on the above, we have ended up ruling out a LOT of agents and management companies. We much prefer to deal directly with individual owners!

Hope this is helpful~~~~~~~~~

PS. If you wish to post the vrbo reference number, we can and will take a look and share what we see.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

Sounds like you need to look elsewhere for a rental. I mean really if they over booked ya once, won't you be delighted when you land to find they did it again and you have no place to stay.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

Found this review for you, doesn't sound good (but it is only one person.)

I always see them on VRBO and wondered as they always have availability and they have tons of ads on craigslist, too. Have you paid them anything yet?

vrwd.org/vacation-rentals-complaints/support…

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

It's a personal bias, but if it's on Craigslist, I stay away.

disneymom
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

Thanks guys, I have found a few odd reviews since I asked here. They have a website but something about it doesn't seem right. Luckily I haven't paid anything yet. I think I may just look at hotels now.

Dallas
Level Contributor
25,166 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

Interesting that if you google hellorelaxation complaints, I see that there are more references to them on the California TA forums. Most seem to have problems and not happy with them.

So, I would agree to move on and try with someone else.

Hope you get it worked out and have a great vacation.

Aloha

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

Maybe look at something like the Aston Banyan or Sunset.

They would have units that would work

I stayed at the Banyan through kokoresorts.com

Fantastic and they are HONEST and there to help!

Bolton, Canada
Level Contributor
205 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

With 3 kids you probably looking at a 2 bedroom condo. try Illkai hotel condos, offer good prices for 2 bedroom suites on VRBO site. Also on Aloha condo rentals site.

It's an older building but almost all renovated. Very nice units available from owners, some also include parking if you are renting a car.Go for ocean or Lagoon side view units, Aloha site shows unit numbers and layout of building.it is right beside the Hilton Hawaiilian village resort and only short walk to the beach, most owner had lots of toys/surf boards/coolers available in the units for your use, plus free internet.

For around $275 a night most 2bedroom units.

Edited: 02 November 2012, 17:31
Mentioned in this post
Aloha Hawaii Tours
Aloha Hawaii Tours
1,129 Reviews
Oahu, HI
10. Re: Has anyone rented from hellorelaxation on VRBO.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 10:17