We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Harbor questions and tips please

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Harbor questions and tips please

Hi: I have a couple of questions regarding a visit to the Pearl Harbor area, which we will do in July. I plan to book our tickets to the Memorial on line, and will likely book the earliest tickets, which I understand leaves at 8 a.m., and we have to be there at 7, to pick up.

I would also like to visit the USS Bowfin and the Battleship Missouri while we are there. I'll be there with a 12 year old who's interested in military history, but who doesn't have too long of an attention span, and a husband who loves photography.

Here are my questions:

1. Will my husband be able to bring in his camera (we're not talking a point and shoot but a decent size SLR)? I'm guessing spare lenses and camera bags wouldn't work?? If only my small camera will be allowed, then I need time to mentally prepare hubby!!!

2. What does one tend to do about food while there? A hungry 12 year old equals an impatient and crabby 12 year old (not to mention the 12 year old's mother). Since we can't bring in any bags, would we have access to the car or a locker while there, are there snack or meal places that are easily accessible, just in case?

3. Is it best to buy tickets to the Bowfin and Missouri exhibits before arriving, or are they easy enough to buy on the site? Would there be a price difference if bought beforehand?

4. Is there a particular best way to see the sites at P.H.?

Thanks,

Kay

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,058 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Harbor questions and tips please

I love the hot dogs at Pearl Harbor. Yes, you can buy snacks, cold drinks, light lunch.

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Harbor questions and tips please

Not sure about camera. Can't take large camera bag, and that would have to be put at storage location for all bags.

You can get tickets for Bowfib, Missouri, and even Pacific Aviation Museum after you get to PH. We like snack bar at PAM! Also, there are snacks to be had at main PH area, so food isn't a problem.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Harbor questions and tips please

We took our rather heavy/large digital slr in with us but not the camera bag. We had no problem with food as the snack bar was fine for a mid morning snack and drink for us.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Harbor questions and tips please

Thanks for the info, very helpful. My husband will be glad!

5. Re: Pearl Harbor questions and tips please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 11:15