We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oahu for Christmas dinner near Ko'Olina?

Willamette Valley...
Level Contributor
252 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oahu for Christmas dinner near Ko'Olina?

Will be arriving on Christmas Day and staying in a condo at Ko'Olina. It will be my husband, 2 daughters (11 & 15) and I. We've visited Kauai and Maui many times but this is our first stay in Oahu and our first trip over Christmas break. Any suggestions for a good Christmas dinner or buffet would be great. Also, what to expect with the crowds over what I'm expecting is a busy time! There 9 days and I am planning to have us visit the museum/memorials at Pearl Harbor, hike Diamond Head, the North Shore, snorkel somewhere?, Waikiki and maybe Polynesian Cultural Center. Open for tips and any suggestions from those of you who are familiar with Oahu.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oahu for Christmas dinner near Ko'Olina?

Ko'Olina is off the beaten path. It's an hour from Honolulu - more or less. There are only a handful of restaurants in Ko'Olina - generally at the Marriott Resort or Disney's Aulani. Also - Roy's is a very nice restaurant in Ko'Olina. Pull up their website and give them a call.

If you want something less formal, Just Tacos (808) 677-7782 may be open. They serve alot more than tacos, and I really like their food.

You will probably need to pick up provisions in Kapolei, the nearest city, the next day. There are restaurants in Kapolei, but none that I know well enough to recommend.

Make sure that you have a good map - AAA or Barnes & Noble or Amazon. And get a good travel guide for Oahu as well. Look to the right side of this page for frequently asked questions.

Edited: 26 November 2012, 01:00
Willamette Valley...
Level Contributor
252 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Oahu for Christmas dinner near Ko'Olina?

Thanks for the tips on nearby restaurants! I'll check out the 3 you mentioned and now I'll need to figure a family friendly option for New Years Eve! We would be willing to drive if we need too!

Overland Park...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oahu for Christmas dinner near Ko'Olina?

Just thought I'd offer up another option for Christmas dinner; try Paradise Cove Luau. It's about a 3 minute drive from the KoOlina resort area; we think it's the best of all the Oahu luau's. As a matter of fact, my family and I will also be spending a couple of weeks over Xmas and NYE. We were in KoOlina for Thanksgiving in 2010 and loved it so much we are returning. If you do consider the luau, I'd recommend purchasing your tickets on www.hawaiidiscount.com and recommend the "Orchid" package. That is the package we booked for Thanksgiving in 2010 and booked the same for this Christmas eve. You will love the Koolina area!

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oahu for Christmas dinner near Ko'Olina?

For Christmas dinner you'll want something special! The Aulani serves a wonderful dinner buffet, excellent food and gorgeous setting. I'd check now to see if they have reservations!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
16 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oahu for Christmas dinner near Ko'Olina?

Snorkling this time of year will be challenging along the north and west shores due to the high surf. You'll probably want to go to Hanauma Bay but it is a significant drive from where you are staying. Since you are planning to hike Diamond Head you could do both the same day.

6. Re: Oahu for Christmas dinner near Ko'Olina?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 11:15