We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The most boring Trip Report LOL

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
The most boring Trip Report LOL

We just returned from our tenth trip to Waikiki. The husband and I have spent the last three NYE without children as a little treat to ourselves.

We arrived early morning NYE after watching the Sydney NYE fireworks as we took off.

Stayed at Trump which I know I know not every likes but we adore it. Fantastic service once again from everyone from the valet to the cleaners.

Weather was a little dismal compared to other years but it doesn't matter - we were in Hawaii!!

Ate and drank at all our usual haunts - Roy's, Ruth Chris's, BLT, Cheesecake Factory, Moose's, Margaritaville, Giovanni Pastrami and Denny's.

Shopped a little - mainly guilty presents for the kids LOL. Did find that gym wear was so cheap compared to Australia as well as the usual alcohol and cosmetic restocking.

Didn't drive to the North Shore, didn't go to Waikele, didn't go to Hanaumau Bay, didn't go to Aloha Stadium. The husband did go and see Sears hardware dept at Ala Moana once last time also the International Market Place.

We rented loungers and umbrellas on the Fort Derussy end of the beach, watched the HHV fireworks from our lanai, had luxurious massages at Trump and met Kamuela Kahoano which was a hoot as our kids love singing his father's famous song "It's Aloha Friday".

So a very quiet but oh so relaxing and wonderful trip to our most favourite place after our home.

Bendigo
Level Contributor
901 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The most boring Trip Report LOL

This is the absolutely beauty of returning isn't it. On previous visits we have visited so many places can now spend most of our time relaxing. with one or two special outings/visits. Prior to leaving Aust, I still check go hawaii, alternative hawaii, island craft bulletin and the mayors cultural program for that 'something' different to see.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The most boring Trip Report LOL

Wasn't boring for you, that is what matters. Sounds like you had a great time!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The most boring Trip Report LOL

You know what we love the most? Being able to have a late breakfast, no lunch and then dinner at 9pm - something unheard of with a 7, 5 and 2 year old LOL.

Seattle
Level Contributor
5,267 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The most boring Trip Report LOL

Do you owe the Grands big time for watching the keikis???

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The most boring Trip Report LOL

We are pretty blessed. The in laws live next door and our kids are their only grandchildren. Plus my parents live around the corner so they do day times whilst in laws do night times (kids have their own bedrooms at their place).

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,374 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The most boring Trip Report LOL

Sounds great. We like to spend time chilling in Waikiki, after many visits too. However we always find something new to see.

Wasn't boring at all.

Milwaukie, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The most boring Trip Report LOL

Just reading your report was relaxing!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
190 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The most boring Trip Report LOL

Sounds wonderful and very much like our vacation will be in March. We will be returning for I think the 20th time with 2 weeks in Waikiki and 2 weeks on Kauai. Our trip report would be much the same. We have done most everything we want to do and are there to relax and take in the sun, sand and enjoy the laid back ambiance of the islands.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The most boring Trip Report LOL

My perfect idea of a vacation!

So glad you had a wonderfully relaxing time :)

We just returned from 24 nights on Oahu ... no trips to the other islands, no shopping, no rushing... just glorious days filled with stress free drinks and relaxation!

Agree with you that weather this time around wasn't always cooperative... but yes, we were in Hawaii and who cares! LOL

Aloha!

Alaska
Level Contributor
10,711 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The most boring Trip Report LOL

Your vacation sounds wonderful and exactly the pace we will be enjoying on Kauai in just three days. Isn't Hawaii the best place ever to just relax and enjoy life? And even if it rains, it's still warm! Deb