We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

Hi, we are staying at the Reef on the Beach in May for 9 nights in an oceanfront room and would like to know if there is much difference in the view between the rooms? If I ask for a high floor, do you still see much of the actual beach itself or more just the ocean? It's nice to sit on the lanai and enjoy looking over the beach. Also, would the trees obstruct the view at all? thanks

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

Ocean front is............... oceanfront. No trees in front of you. I think you might get a nicer view of Diamond head looking east; with a higher floor. The sunsets would be stellar too. You would still be able to see the beach either high or low. We really enjoy the Outrigger Reef, but can't afford oceanfront every time we go.

Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

Thanks flippr, wasn't sure about the trees, we have paid high prices for beachfront before only to be blocked by a lot of trees! How many rooms are there on each floor? I thought I would email the Outrigger and put in a request for a high floor if available. Thanks

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

I have no idea how many rooms are ocean front on each floor..but there are quite a few. There is a link but for the life of me I can't remember it. Maybe somebody else will chime in.

Western Sydney
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

We just stayed on level 4 ocean front. We were lucky to get the corner room that has two balconies - one facing Diamond Head and the other straight out to sea. Perfect. The top of the palm trees are just above level 4 so if you go above 5 you will get uninterrupted views.

Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

Thanks Ru55ty, sounds perfect, will ask for level 5 or above. The corner room sounds great, was it just a double room or a suite? What were the restaurants like on site? Can't wait til we go!!

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

The one restaurant is a buffet brekky style in the morning. We like it, but we aren't real foodies either. At night it becomes a grill your own meat type place with an enormous sides and salad bar. It's called the Shorebird Broiler. The other restaurant is called Ocean House. It is slightly more upscale, we had our anniversary dinner there and really enjoyed it

http://oceanhousewaikiki.com/

there is also a Starbucks and poolside service which we never bothered with. I don't drink coffee, and the poolside service was $$$$

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

I forgot to mention, that at night the Shorebird becomes a lively bar, with Kareoke later at night.

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,747 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

flippr - do you sing Kareoke ? I'd love to see that !! LOL

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

oh my heavens, no PB!!!! There was an occasion a looooong time ago when

I thought I would be the new Kareoke sensation; after one too many mai tais. I was so bad that they turned the machine off and closed for the night..lol

Two lessons learned that fateful night so long ago

1 I can't carry a tune in a bucket

2 Hangovers are just as nasty in Hawaii lol

Dallas
Level Contributor
21,747 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oceanfront rooms at Outrigger Reef on th Beach

OH yea, I only want to see you after the Shorebird mai-tai happy hour. All the way from noon to 5 !!

I'll bring you a bucket !!!