We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap motel

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cheap motel

Hello all,

We want to go to polenesian cultural show but dont want to drive back to waikiki at night.Any suggestions on affordable,clean places near the cultural center??? Just one night.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,059 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap motel

No. Apparently Marriott is building a Courtyard in Laie - but I have no idea when it will be finished - or if it has been started. And it won't be cheap. "Cheaper" that some places on Waikiki - for sure - but not cheap. And not a motel.

Where are you staying? Do you plan to be at the PCC all day? Have you considered the PCC's pick-up on Waikiki? They take you back, too. :o) It may be cheaper than your alternatives.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,038 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap motel

It is not difficult driving back.

Take a right out of the parking lot & just follow the cars to Kaneohe and then take Likelike Highway to Honolulu.

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap motel

I agree , it is not difficult driving back. There is a parade of cars heading back to Waikiki, which was comforting to me because all the headlights provide lots of lighting. If you not want to drive back then purchase the shuttle option. They can pick you up at a number of hotels and drive you back.

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap motel

Thanks for all the great information.I think we will drive back after.

Lake Macquarie...
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap motel

Be careful. After a day in the sun, a meal and watching a show until late, everyone will be very tired. Stop, revive, survive.

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap motel

That is great advice, thanks

7. Re: cheap motel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2014, 07:16