We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee Plantation on Oahu

Delaware
Level Contributor
78 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Coffee Plantation on Oahu

Any suggestions on a coffee plantation on oahu that you can tour? I thought I had seen where there was one up by the north shore, but can't find much on it.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,912 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coffee Plantation on Oahu

No coffee farm tours on Oahu that I know of.

Between Haleiwa & Dole Pineapple, there is a coffee farm. You can see it from the highway. It's kind of behind some pine trees. If there are no other cars around, park on the side of the road & walk to the coffee trees & see the coffee cherries growing on the trees. Many pineapple fields on the opposite side of the road.

There are also some coffee trees at the Macadamia Nut Farm Outlet near Kualoa Regional Park on the windward side. Also some old farm equipment there. Can't remember if there are some old coffee roasters there or not.

You can also try Waialua on the North Shore. At the old sugar mill there are some shops that are interesting. I think I remember seeing some old coffee roasters there.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,178 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coffee Plantation on Oahu

to-hawaii.com/oahu/…waialuaestate.php

I'm not too sure about this, but you may want to check it out.

I recalled maybe two years ago (?) there were posts about a newer coffee plantation on Oahu that would be offering tours ... and that they were providing elite coffees to Neiman Marcus. I went over to the NM in Honolulu and found some, gasped at the price and left. I don't recall the name of the coffee, though.

3. Re: Coffee Plantation on Oahu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 05:15