We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best sunset spots in September?

England
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
446 reviews
Save Topic
The best sunset spots in September?

Is Waikiki beach the best spot for sunset year round or are there other beaches that will be better? I'm visiting in September, and all the trip reports/blogs i've read so far have all been from the winter, so not sure if things will be different in September?

Thanks!

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best sunset spots in September?

Go grab a drink at the Turtle Bay Resort pool bar. Usually a fantastic sunset!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The best sunset spots in September?

I always liked Magic Island at Ala Moana Beach Park to watch sunsets.

Ala Moana Beach Park is just across the bridge from Waikiki.

In the summer months, about April through end of August, the sun will set over the Ewa Plain. So you can't see the sun setting down from most Waikiki locations.

In the winter months, anywhere in Waikiki is good to watch sunsets.

England
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best sunset spots in September?

I already have the Ala moana beach park as a must visit for sunset so it's good to know it'll still be worthwhile in September.

I hadn't thought of Turtle Bay so i'll look into that as well.

Thanks for your help.

4. Re: The best sunset spots in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2014, 06:18