We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

last minute hotel availability

white rock bc
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Topic
last minute hotel availability

I have a reservation at a hotel for 9 nights in Waikiki. However, I am considering cancelling a few nights at the end of the trip and trying to get a "nicer" hotel for the last couple of nights as a treat. I have no idea if there would be any availability at the beachfront hotels, and what the price would be. Is there any chance I might get a deal if I wait till I book it there in person? Or is it really expensive to do it that way? We are staying at the Ohana East and are considering getting a few nights at the Sheraton or Hilton etc.

Thanks

Bellini

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: last minute hotel availability

It is slow season now, rooms should be readily available oceanfront,

however you should expect to pay 200-300 dollars more per night.

white rock bc
Level Contributor
531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: last minute hotel availability

I thought it was slow season too, but apperantly, Summer is a very popular time in Hawaii. I thought most people wanted to get away during the awful Winter months, and stay closer to home in the Summer but I now know Waikiki is very busy. Even the prices in the brochures testify to that. I am still wondering though, if by chance I could still get a better deal if I book with the Hotel in person. Take the chance of a last minute cancellation or something. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thank you

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: last minute hotel availability

from Next week to mid September will be VERY busy and command higher prices............ you can shorten you stay. no problem. However there is no such thing as getting last min cancellations discount......... an agent at the hotel of choice will smile and give you the maximum or rack rate as a walkin...

If you are in the Sheraton ( starwood) or Hlkton as a prefered guest you might stand an outside chance

It it is a last min cancel the hotel is not loosing a dime on the room and dosent need to rent it.... so there is no incentive to discount

except for the first weeks in May, and October there are no slow seasons in Hawaii.... travel here is at record level and growing 20% a year

4. Re: last minute hotel availability

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 19:19