We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duke's for dinner

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Duke's for dinner

Is there a specific area at Duke's that is good to request (or to avoid) when making a dinner reservation? We plan to eat around 7:30 pm on a Monday.

Dallas
Level Contributor
22,096 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duke's for dinner

Well if you want the best view of the beach and the water, then you want a table "on the rail"

By the way, we really enjoy eating at Chuck's Steakhouse, also in the Outrigger Waikiki. It is a little quieter, has good happy hour and early bird special pricing (Duke's has NO happy hours) and you can get a seat on the rail that gives you a great view of the beach, the water and Diamond Head, if you get there fairly early.

We don't usually eat the steaks there, but they have a fabulous Teriyaki Chicken Breast that easily serves my wife and I both.

Have a great trip.

Aloha

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,957 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duke's for dinner

You also might consider Hula Grill, Duke's sister restaurant, upstairs that is a bit quieter and does have an Aloha Hour.

I'd also shoot for 6:30PM if possible so you can still enjoy the view. 7:30PM will be after sunset.

Edited: 16 March 2013, 20:56
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Duke's for dinner

http://www.tsrestaurants.com/

Here is the website for the whole family of TS Restaurants.

Ask for a seat by the rail. Good advice above.

I prefer the outside seating at Duke's Barefoot Bar. Great food - a more casual menu. Less cramped feeling. No reservations taken.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,348 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Duke's for dinner

I love Duke's. I was just there last night. The best tables are "at the rail". Make reservations at least 2 weeks ahead of time and request a rail table. They can't guarantee you will get one but they will do their best. Arrive about 15 minutes before your reservation time and tell the hostess you requested a rail table. Every time I've done this, at least 6 times in the last year, I've always had a rail table.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Duke's for dinner

Thanks for all the advice. The reason I am planning a 7:30 dinner is because we are going on a 5:30 catamaran sail first. Wonder if there would be a long wait at Duke's Barefoot Bar at 7-7:30 on a Monday in late June?

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Duke's for dinner

Make a reservation, we do the sunset cruise double all the time. The give the best tables to the ones with reservations. The dinner crowd peaks around 7:30 so yes there will be a long wait

If you do not have a reservation Chucks is a good place to get the balcony table

7. Re: Duke's for dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2014, 05:18